how about CS tomahawks perfermance on woods work?

hi you all.
do you really use CS hawks in woods? and how about perfermance that compare to other brands?

I use my Plainsman’s hawk on most backpacking and fishing trips. It handles light splitting and notching just fine. Perfect woods tool. And enough weapon that it’s reassuring in camp.

Zieg

I use my Trail Hawk all the time. It's a light hawk but does most things well. The edge is tough and still easy to sharpen. This is obviously not the tool to split a cord of wood but it's a fun capable hawk that I enjoy.

I would say tomahawks are not the ideal woodworking tool. Get a proper woodaxe. Unless camp work involves splitting wigs and scalping dudes.

Did he say woodworking or good in the woods?

And since when did camp work stop involving splitting wigs and scalping dudes? Why camp?

I use my Trail Hawk all the time. It's a light hawk but does most things well. The edge is tough and still easy to sharpen. This is obviously not the tool to split a cord of wood but it's a fun capable hawk that I enjoy.
I have a Cs pipe hawk I used to split 1/2 a ton of Australian Ironbark and was impressed, believe me Ironbark is not a soft wood. The Cs hawk did a good job. luckily as it was my only cutting tool a the time.

Back