How about Elishewitz???

I have a custom Allen Elishewitz Prodigy folder with nice ironwood scales and a kind of modified wharncliffe blade. The fit and finish is real good and just the right size for everyday cutting jobs.
I got it from Allen at the Paris Show in 2001.
I wonder what other people think of Elishewitz knives. Some years ago
there was quite a hype about him but recently not so much anymore...:confused:

One other thing: Why are there just a few american makers at the Paris Show every year? I know, I know the costs like flight, hotel and so on! Some might think there is not much business in Europe for there knives? I ask because I like the american makers most:D
But there is INTERNET today, thank God!!!

Knife-unrelated stuff: Just became father on Friday, Feb. 1st of a great "little" boy:) :)
Sorry, can't invite you guys over for a drink (well, if you drop by in Switzerland why not....)

Stay save

You are right, Elishewitz has not been hot lately but he has some really good looking new models out that will probably catch on. Congratualtions on your son, I know how happy you are, I was blessed with a daughter just this past October.

Congratulations on your new son!

Last year Allen said he was changing the way he built the knives in order to keep the production more "in house". He has also severed his relationship with Benchmade, so it will be interesting to see what direction he takes next.

Congrats on the new addition!

I have 3 of Allens' folders, The Specter and Janus both display amazing quality and workmanship. The Phantom is a little less "refined" but still a great knife and one of my favorites.
I got to handle his newer designs at the NY show and I would not hesitate buying any of them.

recoil

I can't speak on the Elishwitz thing, but I want to congratulate you on the new little one. I will be joining the ranks of fatherhood shortly and I am very excited. :D

I agree. I have several custom knives and by far the two Elishewitz folders are the smoothest. Out of all my production knives the Benchmade Elishewitz collaboration is the smoothest. rr

It may have something to do with the fading of popularity of the tactical knife from its peak a couple of years ago. I got an Elishewitz folder several years ago and it's one of my favorite knives. Fads come and go, but makers who offer style and quality will go the distance. Allen is in that category. His service is also great. Enjoy your knife and don't worry about what's in style. :)

Allen's work is now, and has always been, top notch in his innovative designs, high quality and excellent fit and finish.

Together with Valerie, they are a pleasure to do business with.

Neil

I have a small Cortex which a bought from Allen a year ago which was my very first custom knife. His craftsmanship is right up there with the top makers. On my wish list for 2002 is one of his bolster lock Persians.

Andrew Limsk

About the folder:
I own a Persian and I love it. Very smooth action. Extremly light for its size and build. Perfect look up.

About fatherhood:
I have three children and a fourth is due in May. All I can tell you is - don't get to excited! ;)
But since it is your first child, congratulations.

Back