How about this for guts

Tim Treadwell--Africa style. I hope he doesnt make a habit of that. He is alive becuase that lion chose not to make him into a snack. This time it was curious, next time?

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
Is it guts or stupidity? I'm not trying to be funny. I see guts as doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done whatever the challenge may be.
Going into a wild animal's area to prove you can do it doesn't prove guts to me.
If he was killed would we say he had guts or that he was a moron?
Just my $.02.

gazaati

BANNED
Is it guts or stupidity? I'm not trying to be funny. I see guts as doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done whatever the challenge may be.
Going into a wild animal's area to prove you can do it doesn't prove guts to me.
If he was killed would we say he had guts or that he was a moron?
Just my $.02.

You have a point . BUT. :)
if you watch the clip to the end and see the man talking, you might change your mind. He appears to be a man who knows lion behaviour. He gives me the impression of a man who is an expert as opposed to the (jacka$$ clip )

Actually, What he did could be of benefit to people who might find themself in a similar situation.
1- If they run, they will be eaten.
2- If they play dead, They will be seen as game and will be eaten.
3- You might have to bluff your way like he did.

My 2cents.

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
You have a point . BUT. :)
if you watch the clip to the end and see the man talking, you might change your mind. He appears to be a man who knows lion behaviour. He gives me the impression of a man who is an expert as opposed to the (jacka$$ clip )

Actually, What he did could be of benefit to people who might find themself in a similar situation.
1- If they run, they will be eaten.
2- If they play dead, They will be seen as game and will be eaten.
3- You might have to bluff your way like he did.

My 2cents.

I do see your point. But that is also my point, they may find themselves in that situation. He put himself in that situation with the knowledge that if the lion does what he expects he will live. Lions are wild animals and as such react differently at different times.
Look at Steve Erwin. The wild animal reacts unexpectedly and he is dead.

Fear is a wonderful thing. I have never backed down when the shtf. I don't go out of my way to make the shtf though. This has kept me alive after 17 years as a bouncer.