How are you making coffee?

Cowboy coffee in a granite ware pot over a campfire equals temporary nirvana. Be sure to use good water. When we sit up late by the fire sipping coffee and listening to the sounds of the woods and fields that is the best. We camp in central MN farm country, it's not a wilderness but me and my two boys can get away with the guys and burn some wood and get jittered up on some bean juice then come home smelling like wood smoke and bacon. Such good time.

Bustelo instant and Medaglia d'oro instant espresso are pretty tasty, and I prefer them to via. Via packs the best, though, with its individual packets.

I recently bought a "Tea Infuser by For Life" w/black lid. It makes the best cup of coffee i have ever had---period, in all of my 48 years. I got it at EMS for around $10. The lid keeps the coffee hot for a long time in my EMS clip handle mug. It stores right in the mug. Seriously---the best cup of coffee ever.

I use the GSI H2jO, a filter that fits inside your Nalgene. The coffee comes out like a French press. It's a tiny thing and weighs nothing.

http://www.gsioutdoors.com/products/pdp/h2jo/coffee/

73020_h1_g-486x376.jpg

You don't filter the coffee through it. You just fill the bottle up with hot water and screw the filter with coffee in under the cap. Then you turn the bottle upside down and let it steep. The more time you allow, the stronger the coffee. Some fine grinds do come through, but you don't get to those until the last sip. Your pot stays clean but the bottle needs to be rinsed off.