How can I fix the detent system in my new knife?

Kershaw has plenty of Damascus models to choose from, if you want to stick to that kind of steel.

Don't sweat the dogpile. Most of us are just bored at home.

To fix it you would put more into it then it's worth. I recommend you return it for a refund if possible and take it as a learning experience.
To the OP: please follow this advice. You will get something much better for your uses if you buy a quality production knife and avoid questionable "custom" knives like this.

Welcome to the hobby, and enjoy your stay.

Ok, I'm not trying to be negative here, but are you sure they actually made the blade? It sort of looks like a Pakistani damascus blade. What seller did you buy it from?
He did send me pictures of the the making process, including before folding the metal, a preview of the pattern, several blade updates, concerns and updates about the custom jimping, and when he added the secondary bevel (upon my request).

I just ordered a custom knife and I love the way it turned out, but upon receiving the knife I noticed that it didn’t stay closed very well. I took apart the knife and found that the detent hole is massive, while the ball is nearly flush with the liner. What is the best way to fix it?
49804339151_4ea3061e18_o_d.jpg
Update: I have contacted the seller and he says that he’ll take a look and see what he can do. (but if the problem isn’t fixed I will be requesting a refund and putting my money towards a Buck Sprint Select)

Last edited:
He did send me pictures of the the making process, including before folding the metal, a preview of the pattern, several blade updates, concerns and updates about the custom jimping, and when he added the secondary bevel (upon my request).
Ok interesting. Well at least he is making it and not outsourcing

Back