1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

How can I get the stain off

Discussion in 'Extrema Ratio Knives' started by 093, Feb 12, 2004.

1. 093

Dec 31, 2003
    Folks,

I'm pretty new to this forum and just got my second knife: an ER MPC, thanks to all the good reviews I have read here.
    I love it but cannot help to notice that there is some oil residue like thing on one side of the blade. The other side seems ok. It looked like some stuff left by oil sitting there for a long time. I was not bothered initially but today I just realized I could not get it off.

Is this a normal thing you saw on a MPC? If it is not, anyone know how to get it off?

Thanks.

2. DumboRAT

DumboRAT

Aug 17, 2003
    Mine was perfectly finished, bought from a well-respected retailer....

Have you tried some Sentry-Systems Tuf-Cloth?

Allen
    aka DumboRAT

3. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Yeah, with one post you are pretty new, but you're off to a great start with a knife like that! Welcome to Bladeforums :D

Have you tried warm soapy water? You can always dry and re-lubricate the knife afterwards. I wash all my knives. They smell better that way :p

4. 093

Dec 31, 2003
    Thanks for the info, guys.
    Further look shows it is probably just some quality issue on the coating, so I sent it back to the retailer for a replacement. Cannot wait to get it back.