Off Topic How did you find out about bladeforums?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by WinchesteRalox, Aug 9, 2018.

1. HarryD

HarryD

Feb 24, 2018
    Google is my enemy/friend, it brought me here!

Prester John likes this.
  2. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    A Spyderco Tenacious. My brother gave one to me as a gift, after that it was all down(up?) hill. Before that Spydie I had a bunch of Kershaw's, Gerbers, other random knives that I carried day to day, but once I got that Tenacious I really found my groove. So obviously the next step was to join a forum that was full of other knife fanatics to converse with and learn more about my newfound love. Gotta love the Internet!

3. phatch

phatch

Oct 3, 1998
    Well, you know there was this ruckus and furor at the old knife site. And Mike Turber announced a wadded-panties knife forum. Or maybe it was unwadded, it was oh so many years ago. I wandered over the next day and there was BFC in much lesser glory than today. Which meant I needed another forum membership.

HJK likes this.
  4. Dair

Dair

Mar 14, 2017
    Google-ing knife pictures, made an account just so i could see the pictures in full.
    Now i'm stuck here, this place is like Hotel California haha

Prester John likes this.
  5. GundaManiac

GundaManiac Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2011
    And another one from Google here. Searched for Buck knife reviews, specifically for the folding Bucklite Max and the Vantage series. You guys are dangerous enablers. A few years later, here I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Spyderco Amalgam, which is pretty much as close to a "custom" knife as I am likely to ever get ;) :D

6. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    I've been lurking for a while. Don't remember why I originally started lurking. Had heard some YouTubers talk about Bladeforums, and found it was a good source of information about every sharp thing ever.

And then I eventually made an account this year.

7. annr

annr

Nov 15, 2006
    Looking for info on sharpening a straight razor.

8. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    I think I was researching a Schrade family heirloom knife, and ended up here.

WinchesteRalox and Prester John like this.
  9. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    It's been a long time and the oldest post of mine that i can find is 2009, so who knows what my first post was about... Like jmh said, lots of beer since joining in 2005.

I haven't been really active since 2011 it looks like, but i still lurkn and see what the is to see, but I'm happy with my EDC of a Victorinox Soldier and first generation Spyderco Paramilitary. I haven't bought a new knife in years... my wallet wishes i could say the same about guns though.

WinchesteRalox likes this.
  10. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    Google-foo

Don't remember what I was searching for though.

11. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    I was gagged, bound, blindfolded and dragged over here. Then again, the place may have come up as a yahoo search result. It was one of those two for sure. :D

n2s

HJK and WinchesteRalox like this.
  12. monster

monster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2001
    I was hanging a picture in the restroom using a ladder slipped and hit my head on the porcelain..... wait, no that was when I came up with the idea for the flux capacitor!

I stumbled on the forums while looking for info on Sebenzas actually.

13. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Hanging out on recdotknivesdotcom with the guys who started it back in the end of the 90s and just came over with the rest of the OBs.

Prester John and glennbad like this.
  14. Ebbtide

Ebbtide

Aug 20, 1999
    A 1998 search for "Bowie Knife"

HJK, Prester John and WinchesteRalox like this.
  15. Chochocho

Chochocho

Sep 27, 2018
    randomness in searching for blades i wanted to buy.
    cool site

16. Owen K.

Owen K. Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Yeah like many of you my youtube/internet browsing steered me towards BF. I'm very happy it did too!

Grateful and WinchesteRalox like this.
  17. Daniel Dorn

Daniel Dorn Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 1999
    In my collecting infancy a search brought me here. Came for the knives, stayed for the discussions, friends and entertainment.

HJK and WinchesteRalox like this.
  18. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Another Googlite. I've been collecting for a very long time. Somehow or another I lost the book that I used to catalogue the older portion of my collection. In doing the research it took to recreate my catalogue, Blade Forums kept coming up in the search results.

Has anybody else noticed that Blade has a really intriguing knife exchange area? :D

19. HJK

HJK Moderator Moderator

Jun 30, 1999
    I don't remember, it was so long ago. Spark probably mentioned it when we were hunting Brontosaurus.

20. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    In Sept of 1998 I saw mention of the site at knifecenter. Checked it out & joined a few days later. Then something happened in 2005 and I had to re-join for some reason so my membership says joined 2005, wah

WinchesteRalox and HJK like this.