How do I re-list an ad in the exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules are you can only re-list an ad 2 weeks after it was first posted. There's no re-list button, there's no delete button and there's no instructions on how to do it. I wrote to the owners of the site and got no response. What do I do? Re-post an entirely new ad?

Yep, just make a new one. You can copy and paste the old one if it's going to be identical. You can also lock the original thread if you want to. It will still be visible, but no one will be able to comment on it.

Rules are you can only re-list an ad 2 weeks after it was first posted. There's no re-list button, there's no delete button and there's no instructions on how to do it. I wrote to the owners of the site and got no response. What do I do? Re-post an entirely new ad?

Seems to be a problem with no one getting back to you. I paid for a Gold membership and no upgrade has happened. It seems the last time Spark was here was Saturday.

As stated, you relist the same way you posted the the first time around. Start a new thread. Copy and paste the pertinent info and links and submit. H High Standard your Gold membership seems active and appears under your username, what kind of delay was there between payment and activation?

As stated, you relist the same way you posted the the first time around. Start a new thread. Copy and paste the pertinent info and links and submit. H High Standard your Gold membership seems active and appears under your username, what kind of delay was there between payment and activation?
Yes, it's activated now. It wasn't activated for several hours until I got in touch with Spark. Thanks.

I see. Several hours is nothing out of this world. Several days or a couple weeks would be more of a concern. The issue in previous years was that memberships, depending on payment type and set up would have to be manually processed and activated. Which takes time and searching. The system appears to have been streamlined and more automated with this version of the forum software, but only Spark knows if he has had to manually process any specific payment types. I'm sure he gets people mailing him money orders or checks because the online payment is too worry some for them.

I discovered - or was told :confused: - that before you close your last sale thread go to EDIT.
Then select all - photos and text - in the thread and COPY. Now just open a new thread in the exchange - drop in your copy and you will have the same ad, photos and all. I don't remember if this copies the highlighted text and colors but easy enough to redo those and a add a new title.

Go back and close the old thread and note that you have resisted if you are inclined. Easy!

Ray

I was told ,after listing my thread, it appeared I was trying to sell my item. I was more interested in comments. However, I would certainly be interested in selling. Is the Gold Member good for me. It was suggested I buy a Knifemaker/Craftsman/Service Provider membership.
Naturally if I receive the response I am looking for, I would upgrade..... Any suggestions?
Also, how do I put a photo into the ?(Question Box) as part of my profile.... Thanks much.... artieg

I was told ,after listing my thread, it appeared I was trying to sell my item. I was more interested in comments. However, I would certainly be interested in selling. Is the Gold Member good for me. It was suggested I buy a Knifemaker/Craftsman/Service Provider membership.
Naturally if I receive the response I am looking for, I would upgrade..... Any suggestions?
Also, how do I put a photo into the ?(Question Box) as part of my profile.... Thanks much.... artieg
It's all about context. Most people can tell if a person is making a genuine inquiry for the sake of comments or if the post is a veiled attempt to sell. Bottom line,
Gold/Platinum to sell items you 've bought and owned
Knifemaker/Craftsman to sell items you've made
Dealer to sell items you've bought in high or ow volume for the sole purpose of resale for profit.
If you ask for the value of something, you need to have Gold or higher. If not then you could get shut down or issued a warning for skirting the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back