how do you carry your Beckers (11 &14)?

I just bought a 14 and the plastic handle slabs and I'm thinking of buying a slim compact kydex for neck carry... is the stock sheath light enough for long hikes and backpacking? I'm the world's worst hiker and I wind up carrying everything on hikes with my girlfriend. I'm hoping To Summit The major peaks In my Area In The Next few weeks.

I carry mine horazonal on my belt but that will not work with a backpack. So I would strap it to the shoulder strap.

2066476D-9DA5-4EA6-B037-0E58597342C5-719-00000032BBE61010_zps1fc17093.jpg

551829B0-C012-4930-A267-6E6A34FD83F9-719-00000032C06EE792_zps2fecc2bf.jpg

CBC5FE9B-BA26-4459-A006-6B96C28C3A72-4949-0000023946850C54_zps64a80f99.jpg

I just slip it in the pocket of my cargo shorts. Even with the belt clip attached, the sheath sits upright well and just about 1/2" of the handle sticks up. Nobody knows what it is, and it's still within reach if I need it fast. Half the time, I forget it's even in there.

Chris

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have had my 14 for awhile now. I recently ordered a 16 as well. I'm not a huge fan of the factory sheath, and have been looking to grab one of the Azwelke sheaths, but I can't decide which one I want. I'm in Afghanistan right now, and while on base my 14 gets carried horizontally, under my shirt, to the left of my belt buckle. I'd like to keep it there, with the Azwelke sheath. Does anyone have any experience or pictures of the pancake sheath with the TekLok addition?

If im using them often, I wear em around my neck. For light use they go on the belt vertical or horizontal. I switch between kydex and leather for belt carry.

Displaced Buckeye-I've used a tek-lok before, and I liked it quite a bit. I'm guessing you'll like it. I just ordered the taco style Azwelke for my BK-11 that'll work with the scales. The micarta scales arrived today. Our circumstances aren't too far apart, we should get in touch. Depending on how loose you wear your uniform top, I think you'll be fine. I've found that I can get away with my 17 without drawing attention by running the sheath from my belt into my pocket.

Displaced Buckeye-I've used a tek-lok before, and I liked it quite a bit. I'm guessing you'll like it. I just ordered the taco style Azwelke for my BK-11 that'll work with the scales. The micarta scales arrived today. Our circumstances aren't too far apart, we should get in touch. Depending on how loose you wear your uniform top, I think you'll be fine. I've found that I can get away with my 17 without drawing attention by running the sheath from my belt into my pocket.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. My uniform these days is actually a pair of khaki pants and a polo shirt most days, unless I'm out bouncing around this area. Luckily, I could wear the thing strapped to my forehead now if I wanted to. Got out in February, and took a job out here for a year.

I looped some 550 cord through the stock sheath, and wear my 14 as a neck knife. Suprisingly comfortable. Never been a neck-knife guy, but I tried it recently and loved it!

I carry mine in a KSF pocket sheath like GingivitisKahn does. I have a different sheath for mine because I carry a Stylus Pro with it but it works well in the Allegheny sheath. I've also been known to loop some paracord through the sheath and make a lanyard that attaches the sheath to my belt or belt loop. Then I drop the whole thing in my RFP. I can pull it all out, draw the knife, and let the sheath dangle from the paracord until I put it back in my pocket.

With one of these:
DSCN1793_zps879eca9e.jpg

DSCN1787_zps2626e5de.jpg

Like this.... Or clipped in back pocket.
0614011101a.jpg

A Nite ize eclipse stuck to the stock sheath. At the time it was almost impossible to find one of the Ka Bar clips, so I improvised when I found this at a sporting goods store.

You can also make belt loops from zip ties.

No problem! If you decide to roll with it, sand the sheath down a bit to give the tape a bit more to adhere to.

I carry my 24 in the stock sheath with a TDI clip on my belt. It's comfortable and quick to get to. Also you could stick it in your pocket such as with the Nite Ize clip above.

Back