HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE ZT 562CF

sKbGlpR.jpg

Mine. No complaints, although since it is so close design wise to my xm 18, it gets very little pocket time.

Absolutely love mine, got the older m390 model and will never sell it.
It's a top option if I ever had to sell all my knives and keep only one.
Great ergos, blade cuts well and locks up like a vault.
Can also use my stop pins to open as well as flipper

I like mine, I have a Blacked out CF one and an Orange Scaled Satin one. It's a pretty good knife overall, it does what it should, has good ergos and quite good action (the BLK Version has a slightly weaker detent though).

Great knife, very good looking, good blade shape, steel and ergonomics.

One fatal flaw for me though, a deep carry clip that can't be replaced with a normal one.

Which is the only reason mine is for sale right now.
If I had the money, I would buy it.But I bought a discontinued BM PRESIDIO yesterday.Been wanting one of the old Presidio for a while.Have not used 154CM in a long time.I bought the BM BARRAGE with m390 and I shaved my face with it.lol.So will see.Not sure if 154cm will get that sharp.

The Spyderco Gale Bradley 2 is a much nicer knife, in my opinion. CF scales on both sides, a nicer aesthetic design... In comparison, the ZT just looks thrown together with good parts, but not really designed, the way the Spyderco is.

Look at the lines on it. It's just sexy. Looks comfy to hold. (still too big for EDC, but you're into "pocket swords" it seems, hehehe)

spyderco-c134cfp2-cm-large.jpg
That was the other knife I was looking at. I love me some M4.

The 0562 is one of my favorite knives. As others have said, the "thumb studs" are stop pins. ZT specifically made them round/domed so that people don't try to use them as thumb studs.

The problem with knives that are thumb stub and flippers is that the detent can't be dialed in for both. The optimal amount of force required for the detent is different when using different opening methods.

I like the design of the external stop pin located on the blade itself. Once the knife is locked open, the fact that the stop pins are on both sides of the blade means that there is resistance to lateral forces, such as when prying. I know that knives aren't for prying, and I always carry a multitool with me so I never use my knives that way, but if you need to, it's there. Hinderer and Strider both use this design. And if look closely, you'll notice that the G10 or CF show scale are cut so that they are slightly recessed at the point where the stop pin hits so that it contacts the steel liner. Good design all around.

It's called a slicer grind because that's what Hinderer calls the style. Its slicier than the Spanto that the XM-18 originally came with.

I've spine wacked my knife pretty hard, and it won't close. If I really needed to keep it locked down, I can induce a little bit of lock stick by pushing the lockbar further in from about 30% normally to about 50% lockup. At that point, it will stick, and it's definitely not going to fail a spine wack test.

I like tinkering with my knives, and I recommend using teflon/painters tape. Wrap it on, maybe 5 times around or so, and you're good to go. Just make sure you wrap it in a way that it doesn't unspool when screwing the pivot in. I'm too impatient to wait for the loctite to cure.

And I heard this thread needed pics... here's my modified 0562CF. If you like modifying, this is a great one to do it on.

XS20Xor.jpg
That looks awesome.I love that used look.

Great knife. I like how it is skinnier than a regular Hinderer in terms of handle width although Hinderer makes skinny versions of thr xm18. Hate that the liner under the CF is just an unskeletonized steel liner.

Also I think the aesthetic of the real Hinderer Xm18 abit better.

IMO it is a great knife: very good materials, great fit and finish, great flipping action and it carries nicely.

However, I don't like it much, and I will sold mine soon.

I don't like the grip and IMO it is not a great slicer.
I think these are not default from the assembly, but really a question of designs.
I have the same feeling with my ZT0550.

Maybe the Hinderer designs are not for me.

+1 for the GB2.
Very good and after a break-in period it opens and closes very easily.

I prefer the GB2 over my ZT0562cf, mainly due to the grip which I prefer on the GB2.
The M4 steel is a great performer and it is now one of my favourite steel.
I use it to work in and around my house and it does a great job on cardboard, wood and plaster alike....

The deep carry and the flipping action of the 0562 are great but when it come to use the knife, I have never used it :(

Looks like all three kinds of people showed for this 0562CF thread.... Fans, Raving Fans, and those that do not own one. ;)

Kidding aside, it is a great knife. More often than not, the threads that pop now and again asking "what ZT if you could only ever have one?", end up highlighting the 562. And these are usually by raving zt fans. For a time, it was my favorite from the lineup.

Sorry, was going to post some pics, but tinypic is down right now.

I own one and i really like it. I have a bit of a soft spot for it because it was my first "high end" knife. It is my favorite zt. I have had no pivot issues on mine. I am aware of the lock issues and i do believe its a valid concern. I have used mine and had no problems. I have never specifically tested the lockup integrity but i have had no reason to. My example seems solid. I think if you like zt then you will probably like this knife. If zt doesnt do it for you then i doubt this will change your mind.

Back