How do you guys tote your VTAC around?

Howdy, all!
I was wondering how you carried your hawks around. I just rigged up a cross shoulder carry sling using a spare military M16 sling I had lying around.
My regular hawk, a Rainier Scout, I just tuck into whatever belt or LBE I am using at the time.
Other than lashing to your LBE, how do you guys carry?

I either use an M16 sling or shove it into my pack or camelbak. I prefer to put the hawk on first then put on my LBE Or chest rig. Other guys like to put the sling over their gear. I did try a GP strap for a while but it tended to get twisted more often.

Rooikat,

I just mounted it onto the weak side of my LBV, about waist level. After doing several practice draws, and making minor modifications to the sheath (I also added a pull loop onto the head), I have been able to quickly draw with my complete battle rattle on. Of course, I may modify how I carry once I am carrying full time. I will let you know. Semper Fidelis

Jagger8dogs

Similar to the other guys, I prefer to wear it over my LBE, attaching it to the LBE makes it too hard to enter and exit vehicles as the handle catches on things. The sheath works well with a GI 2 quart canteen strap, you can get them at clothing sales.

Jeb

Jagger,
I like the idea of a pull tab on the hawk. How did you accomplish this? A quick method of drawing the hawk has been one of the things that I have not puzzled out yet.

Back