How does one fix this? (AKA, why I prefer choils)

Edit // Scratch that. Shot an email to Jason and received a ridiculousness prompt reply.
Looks like this one is headed back home for a bit. Seems it must have snuck through QC. Thanks for looking all the same.

I recently picked up a Brous Silent Soldier V2 (2nd Gen) and, for it's price, could not be more disappointed. Heck, for any price... I would have been disappointed. I never would have imagined so many fit and finish issues could be present on what amounts to a single chunk of steel with no scales or moving parts. Had I taken the time to inspect every inch of it before taking it to the sharpener, I would have sent it back. Live and learn, I suppose...

Anywho, one of my biggest complaints with the knife I received was it's grind. It was atrocious in every way imaginable. Out of the box, it wouldn't even cut an index card, hence why I put it on the sharpener so quickly. Ignoring a few other problems present with the edge grind, let me just get straight to the point...

How exactly does one fix this?
VmLI2zk.jpg

The presentation side of this knife has been ground with a bit more sweep, such that the working edge starts almost twice as far up as the back side, which has been plunged in a bit more abruptly.

I have a basic Lansky set, as well as some basic stones to work with (DMT XXC, 1k and 4k Shapton Glass.)
Honestly, I'm debating just grinding in a laughably large choil with the Dremel and some hobby files.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back