How I lost a Foxy cute knife...

Well I got a Vulpine, a Foxy decent piece of 5160 saber grind pretty decent pretty piece of steel! I was looking in to making scales for it, contemplating a knife handle making project and all!

Then the little brother shows up, who I gave a good number of knives to, with my little new born nephew! Him and his lady were visiting the nephew's grandmother, so DANG I knew what he needed then and there!

A nice not to long yet tough as heck "Little" knife blade, he could beat the heck out of if needed. And the "Evil Step Mother" er...the grand mother looked at it and said..."That's a good butchering knife! He looked it over, put on the TACTI-COOLIO paracord "handle" on it for now and fiddled with it in his very experted way he can figure things out. I said "Well the coating can come off, might want to leave it on under the scales, but put a patina on it." he said "That's plan 3." he said as he was looking at it. From past experience he moved the knife to his car after talking options for it to keep the "Evil Step Mother" from trying to telling him to leave it for his next visit. When he lived at home the "Evil Step Mother" used all the knives I gave him for daily tasks and large critter cutting season.

He was going to need a good field knife after some one took over the Strongarm I gave him. Now he has another light weight tough as nails bomb proof 5160 knife he can use to get his family home with when needed. That's about the last knife I'll give away seeing how 5160 isn't made any more in the knives I gave away. I do give away the SP-10 and SP-8 (mostly for those that need a non knifey looking survival tool. From what my brother and niece tell me the hell they put theirs through, those affordable OKC gate way knives are still a nice tough tool one can trust.

Back