How I pay for my knives

I buy, sell, and trade knives of all kinds. I guess that's my hobby "on the side" - LOL!

No, but really, if I see a knife that I want to try, I'll just sell-off or trade-away something(s) not being used or otherwise enjoyed. That way, the collection is constantly changing, and I get to try even more knives than I would if I kept everything I acquired all the time.

I would like my collection to get to that point but I have to invest a lot more money in it because I currently only own 10 knives and I don't want to give any of them up!

Until recently, nothing. However I do plan on starting a local sharpening business. It will just be something at the farmer's markets to establish a customer base...get my name out there. I don't plan on doing anything other than knives. No tools, no razors...just knives. Kitchen knives, folders, edc, survival, hunting, etc. will be my target.

LOL... well I sell stuff to get different stuff... or... I do structural engineering work for local home owners who are renovating. :) Its pretty lucrative other than the liability insurance my costs are pretty low. After paying for the education :D Its necessary now that my daughter rides horses competitively.

LOL... well I sell stuff to get different stuff... or... I do structural engineering work for local home owners who are renovating. :) Its pretty lucrative other than the liability insurance my costs are pretty low. After paying for the education :D Its necessary now that my daughter rides horses competitively.

Income goes up, expenses go up! I think there's a "law" for that my father-in-law likes to say...can't remember what it's called. Liability insurance isn't cheap but out here in CA it's the workers comp that gets you...we just enacted a new policy that is still ludicrously expensive and we will SAVE $15,000 in 2016...that says a lot!

I have a part time self employed gig when I'm not at my main job.
I need expenses to avoid being savaged too badly by the taxman.
So I acquire 'tools'. For example, recently it transpired I needed a Slysz Bowie. And a Bradley 2. Also I need a bit of light from time to time, so I've ordered a Thrunite TN35 to go with my 6 Zebralights and Jetbeam RRT01.

Haha. It's amazing how many "pruning" knives I have. Lol.

I prune roses with Sebenzas, mostly Felco's, but occasionally Sebenzas so I don't feel like I'm totally taking advantage

Back