How is everyone doing in the current heat wave?

Global warming really sucks!! and it's only going to get worse they say.... Finally cooled off here today though.

Watering the garden early and sharpening the Dragon Lady's kitchen knives in the A/C watching the Military Channel when it is scorching hot here in Delaware.

ProtechTuxedos.jpg

Last edited:
Since june its been record breaking hot
Here ! & to top it off our ac broke and I
Got tired waiting for the landlord to fix
It so i did ! And My wife is pregnant with
Twins to boot !

Frank

You still alive Scott? Everything ok? Just making sure you didn't pass out from the heat while trying to heat treat a bis a$$ chopper, lol.

Yes, I'm still around. I've had alot going on with family lately, very emotional. I did get a chance to heat treat that big chopper yesterday.
Scott

Oh, well, I was just teasing about the chopper bc of how hot you said it gets in the shop. I'm in no hurry :). Hope all is well with the family. That always comes first, just glad to know you're ok.

I take a 5 1/4 mile hike about 4 times a week. Last week the temps were in the upper 90's for a few days. Your body is really put under a lot of stress in extremely hot and humid conditions. The route that I take has some challenging hills. I drank water and gatorade before leaving and clipped a 1 liter bottle of water to my belt. I drank every bit of that water by the time I'd finished the hike. I just got a Camelbak stealth with the 70 oz. bladder. It's light and has slim profile. I wore it the other day and barely noticed
that it was on my back. It is very comfortable and I highly recommend it.

Hey Guys, a word of advice from Florida, make sure y'all stay hydrated!!!! Very important if you are not used to dealing with heat. When I am out doing yard work in the summer, sweat literallly pours off me.

Yup cant wait for fall !

I was watching the news at 6pm
And a two year old was left inside
A car and died right outside his
Daycare they said it was 91 degrees
Outside so who knows how hot it
Got inside that car !

Frank

So nice to sit on the deck this afternoon. I know those that work in this heat will probably curse me, but I am so glad to be out of the hospital. The recycled air was horrible. Just wanted to breathe fresh air. MD is supposed to get some nice weather starting Saturday morning.

I was camping in the mountains a few days ago and had frost on my bag in the morning. Had to do a double take. It was gone like a nice dream as soon as the sun broke over the horizon. Fall can't be too far off now....

The humidity has been relentless this summer. Not too much longer to a cool down I hope. Really jacked about the upcoming hunting season. Back to bow hunting with a vertical bow.
Scott

It was as high as 107 with lots of humidity here in St. L. I deliver mail in the city (walking door to door)! Some days I wish I had an office job!! It's funny- being out in it all day every day you kind of get use to it.

It's not as hot in new Hampshire as other parts of the country, but its still mid 90's with high humidity. I've been replacing all the windows in a 150 year old Victorian , all horse hair plaster, very high staging. Not much fun in this weather.

Just took a walk down the driveway today, pretty long driveway, all the way to the street. Felt great, except for all of the sweat bees hovering around me. If it isn't hot tomorrow, my hobbled butt will be pulling nails out of fencing all afternoon.

It has been sweltering hot all summer, but the last couple days we've had a cool down, it's been in the 80's. Getting a little bit of rain now, so back to mowing the yard. Didn't care for all the heat earlier but it was nice not mowing the yard for a month.

Back