1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

How long does it take?

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by CRZ, Jun 14, 2019.

1. CRZ

CRZ Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I have been emailing Aunty Yangdu regarding obtaining a long wanted HI prize - a Farm Knife. In the course of our text dialogue I asked for a general estimate of how long an ordered knife takes to produce, ship, and deliver, and I think she missed it.

I didn't want to keep pestering, ultimately, it gets here when it gets here - but does anyone have an idea?

2. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    I have waited as much as 4-8 months. I know this isn’t a clear answer but I’ve not received a ordered knife in the same timeframe.
    Someone else might give a better idea but that’s been my experience.

3. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Too many variables to give any kind of solid prediction. You got a response where she said she would have one made for you?
    Kind of depends on the kami's over there.
    Doesn't hurt to send another email, she is a very busy lady and often times in and out.
    Sometimes takes a bit to get a response.
    Haven't seen any Farm knives for quite a spell, maybe a few more will show up with your order.
    I know waiting is frustrating and I'm no good at it myself, best to just forget it and it'll be a durn nice surprise when it arrives.

4. CRZ

CRZ Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Yes, it's a done deal as far as the specification and transaction goes, and I had a feeling the time frame was going to be hard to guesstimate but I was just curious.

I'll certainly share pics when that beast comes in. I've been a farm knife fan for about five years, it just dawned on me that if I wanted it I should email Aunty and get one.

5. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    For awhile she had a few of them around all the time. Haven't heard of any for quite a spell, kind of on the back burner of my mind since I hadn't seen one for awhile.
    I don't have one myself but I held Aunties on one of my visits, she had it on the kitchen counter. They are really something.

6. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I've waited as long as a year for a custom