How many BCCI members have received the new Buildout sale list e-mail?

Well....you said you were probably going to cut back a little after you got your birthday present a short while ago. :)

Yeah, I vaguely remember saying that since you mention it. If there had been anything offered that I was really drawn to, I doubt that I would have remembered.;) If the palmwood handled 110 didn't have the serrated blade, I know I'd have gone for that one at least.

As an aside, I love the new car. I upgraded when I went back to finalize the deal to the next series up, so I'm really happy with it. :thumbup:

I wasn't on the list for the first one and had to get the e-mail second hand. I contacted Joe and asked to be put on the list. I guess it's just for those that request it. Here's the full text from the e-mail.

"Special Buck Collectors Club members only Sale!

You are receiving this email because you indicated that you would like to be included in the Buck Collector Club email sales that we have from time to time. If you would like to be removed from the list, please let us know.

For this sale we were able to build some pretty special knives in the shop and they are being offered to Club members first. All but two models are Build Outs which means that Dana Queen, she has run the specials department for years, and myself went to the warehouse and checked out the inventory of discontinued parts. Then we started taking left over parts from one special project and combining them with parts from another project. In a nut shell, that’s how Build Outs are born.

The sale starts on 10/15 and ends on 10/19. Please email your filled out order form to Jeanine at jhuntington@buckknives.com See attached order form and attached pictures. All orders will be shipped either UPSG or USPS and you will be charged $10.00 per (5) knives. Please direct all knife related questions to Joe at jhouser@buckknives.com

This list is going out to approximately 80 Club members and we are asking that you only purchase one of each knife you like due to the low quantities available. The list will go to everyone at the same time and orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If there are any knives left at the end of the day on 10/19, they will also be sold on a first come first served basis beginning on 10/22.

Once we receive an order from you, we will immediately pull the knives on your list. In case there is some sort of issue, at least your knives will be on hold so there won’t be any worries that the knives will be sold out while we sort things out.

This is only the second time Buck has done this type of sale to members of the BCCI and we fully expect there to be issues as we continue to learn how best to facilitate such a sale. We have given this a lot of thought with the hopes of making it as fair and easy as possible to our members but we understand that we can’t foresee everything that could happen. I can promise that we will make every effort to make this an exciting event and I can also promise that the knives are awesome!"

Received the email but can't open attachments. Is microsoft office the only way to open the attachments.

I received the email, looks like some good deals but nothing that really tickles my fancy. Pretty cool that they are making these build out sales exclusive to BCCI members, even more reasons to join!

Bad timing for me... I'm trying to buy a almost complete set of the 100 series knives...
102, 103, 105, 106, 107, 116, 118, 119, 120, 121 and 124... No 122...

I sure wood like to have that pink blade 110.... :eek:

Value example: Cost of jigged buffalo S30V brass leather sheath from Custom shop $191 vs BCCI email sale $85 (not counting $10 shipping which could be spread over 5 BCCI email sale knives) = $106 difference. Hard to pass up value like this. And, with the 112 version in the same setup = dynamic duo. I've been hankering for the jigged buffalo for years. Years.

Value example: Cost of jigged buffalo S30V brass leather sheath from Custom shop $191 vs BCCI email sale $85 (not counting $10 shipping which could be spread over 5 BCCI email sale knives) = $106 difference. Hard to pass up value like this. And, with the 112 version in the same setup = dynamic duo. I've been hankering for the jigged buffalo for years. Years.

Those are two of the three I ordered. The elk stag was the other.

I was thinking the same thing about the value of the knives being offered.

So...I PAY to be in the 'collectors club'...and I get access to major discounts on the 'pro' site where everything I want is "not currently available", AND I'm not 'in' enough to be on the 'special' e-mail list?
Hmm, re-thinking the 'worth' of the $$ I've spent on the club, because there are apparently TWO clubs...the one you pay to be part of with little benefit, and the 'invite only' one.
Disappointing at best.

So...I PAY to be in the 'collectors club'...and I get access to major discounts on the 'pro' site where everything I want is "not currently available", AND I'm not 'in' enough to be on the 'special' e-mail list?
Hmm, re-thinking the 'worth' of the $$ I've spent on the club, because there are apparently TWO clubs...the one you pay to be part of with little benefit, and the 'invite only' one.
Disappointing at best.

You just have to e-mail Joe and ask... ;) I had too... :thumbup:

Disappointing at best.

I remember last time that Buck had the special sale for BCCI members. I didn't get the email then, but heard about it here on BF. It's not an "invite only" thing. You have to let either Joe Houser or Jeanine Huntington know you want to be added to the mailing list for these sales.

I know what you are saying about the knives you want not always being available. I do remember hearing that someone here wanted one of the 124's that weren't even listed and they called and ended up with one when they were available.

I guess the main thing is to actually pick up the phone and call. They are a great company and the people are very helpful.

Hope it works out for you russde.

PM me if you need email addresses or a phone number that would get you added to the list. Actually, I see the emails listed in post 23 above.

Plus, the e-mail doesn't come from the BCCI anyway. It comes direct from Buck Knives Inc. How they determined who to send them to the first time, I don't know.

Got the email and sent back my order form. Joe had an extra character in my email address which is why I didn't get it originally. Hope I get the two I ordered.

I remember checking a box, or something like that, in order to opt into the Buck email sales. Being a gambler, yes I do enjoy games of chance, I boldly signed up for these sales. I am happy that I did. Getting the sale email wasn't automatic.

I've signed up for email from all kinds of sites. Rarely do I bite into the bait but I enjoy the opportunities.

Those were my 2 choices. The 112 is $80, both have a BCCI stamp. I also like the elk handle 110 for $85. I haven't decided yet, but I guess I should act before they are all gone.

Back