How many is to many

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by teddy1093, Feb 29, 2020.

1. teddy1093

teddy1093 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2017
    image.jpg How many is to many? I am fairly new to de shaving.3 or so years and I am wondering how much stuff one really needs.The wife anyway thinks I have way to much crap(her words). I on the other hand enjoy having a few different razors to use and a few soaps to change it up. I would like to know how many is to many.Can you really have to many,I don’t think so image.jpg image.jpg

2. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    That's a decent collection. I've only had one soap "go off" so I don't really worry about that much. I try to not over-stock now that I have my preferences pretty well set, but you know, not much point in getting only one thing shipped when I'll be out of something else a few months from now.

teddy1093 likes this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2001
    Currently my soaps and creams add up to 8. I just can't help trying something new.:)

teddy1093 likes this.
  4. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I have two. Merkur 23C (exclusively for travel, for the most part), and a Rockwell, for home.
    I only use Cremo from a tube as cream.
    Proraso balm afterward.

I tried getting into it. But shaving remains just a chore for me. Using a nice DE razor & blade just minimizes the chore.

I still want to try some real soap and a good brush. But just haven't gotten around to trying it.

teddy1093 likes this.
  5. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    I have 14 razors. All except 1 are yard sale/ thrift store finds. I use 4 . I have 3 brushes 4 creams and two soap sticks. proraso after shave and Nivea balm
    Around 55 double edge blades. 18 or so Gem blades and 5 or 6 Schick injector blades
    One of the creams is long discontinued when the tube and a half I have is gone there is no more one of the shave sticks I just got to try . I don't see it replacing my Arko

dogboye likes this.