How many of your knives aren't centered with the clip on?

I just noticed that with my ParaMillie and the Calypso Jr, that if I take off the clip, my non centered blades become centered.

I can tell that my caly jr. is not centered properly but I have yet to take the clip off.

My Paramilitary is dead center with the clip on. On my "user" Calypso, Jr., the blade is off center with or without the clip, but moreso with the clip.

On my Camillus Dominator, the clip does not affect centering, but does affect how tight the pivot gets.

I have many that are off center. I've never let that be a deciding factor in a knife I buy. So long as the blade is solid in the pivot (doesn't wobble or lift up and down or in and out with the blade open and locked) and so long as the lock up is solid I could care about the blade center.

Some of the hand made blades I've bought and especially the hand forged ones can have a bit of a bend to them. It just happens from time to time and I've even got some commercial ones that are this way.

One of my Spyderco Enduras is off center but it hasn't kept me from working it to death.

Open the blade and lock it. Then try to bend the blade gently to the side that is off centre when closed. This procedure worked with my BM 710. Now it's perfectly centred.

Thomas

Please forgive my ingorance, but what do you mean by "centered" or "non centered" folder? Does it reffer to the blade position or the the overall balance of the knife (or other issue I can't think of right now) :(

I mean the blade position, sorry. the blade veers towards the clip when I screw em down

dialex,

I believe the reference is to the blade of a folder being centered (parallel) with the liners or handles when the blade is in the closed or "folded" position.

Back