How old is my "new" sm sebenza?

pauljgallant

Banned
How old is my "new" sm sebenza?
I just received a small sebenza from a cousin who heard I am "into knives". It came in the white box with a blue sticker - 1984-1994 10 years of Excellence Chris Reeves Knives. The knive has the CR logo followed by a P, there is no pocket clip or holes for one. There is a black lanyard, and the thumb stud has had most of the blue worn off of it. It came with a ballistic nylon sheath with snap and CR logo ( white in a grey circle). The paperwork in the box has the Corporal Lane Adddress and a short note saying it is with regret that we need to advise that our knives are no longer serial numbered - January 1993. My cousin said that it was made by CR himself(?) (he could be pulling my leg) there is no birth certificate. So, Does anyone have any info on this knife - ie. it's worth, etc. It's in great condition with the exception that the lock up is pretty tight (hard to unlock), and a small scratch on the blade. He told me I could send it back to get it fixed if I wanted. Any feedback can be emailed to me at pauljgallant@earthlink.net or posted here. Thanks in Advance,
PJG

:confused:

Without the guarantee card, it is hard to give an exact date that the knife was made but 1993/94 sounds about right. Chris would have ground the blade on that knife, and he would have done most of the assembly work too. We can refurbish it - check out the lock and polish out the scratch in the blade - you just need to send it back to us. You can email direct if you have any further questions crkinfo@chrisreeve.com or you can send the knife in to us at CRK
11624 W. President Drive, #B
Boise, ID 83713
Please be sure to insure the knife, regardless of whether you mail, UPS or FedEx; be sure to include your return address, a contact phone number and what you want us to do.

It is hard to put a value to the knife - the equivalent small Sebenza new is $305.00 - it is an older model and it was made by Chris himself. To a collector, these factors have additional value but the knife is certainly not a one of a kind.

I hope this information helps!
Anne

Back