How sheeple and airport friendly is the Calypso Jr ltwt?

Generaly speaking, how airport and sheeple friendly is the VG-10 Calypso Jr??

Thanks!

Jeff

Mine has been through dozens of US airports without problem. It's unserrated. I had to check it on a trip to Mexico but I haven't had any problems with it in Germany.

I think that serrations will give you most of the trouble on a Calypso Jr. Other than that, the blade is sized well and the profile is "non-threatening" enough where if knives in general will get through, a non-serrated Calypso Jr. will.

Hi Jefroman. This question is almost impossible to answer :(
Every and each country has its own laws and rules regarding this issue. You would have to be more specific and tell us what country´s airport you have in mind.
If it were to be inside US, then the laws are somewhat more tolerant. IIRC if the knife´s blade length were not to be greater than 3", then you would be on the safe side. (However, the serrations could bring some trouble!)
Regards,
Paul

When ever this question comes up the only "safe" knife I've ever found to carry on ANY airline
it a small Swiss Army Knife. I'm a big fan of the calypso jr also but I've always found that the
small SAK draws little if any attention at the air ports. I'd have to guess that because the SAK
is known world wide as a tool that;s how people think of it.... a pocket tool.

I dropped my mother-in-law at the airport Sunday (YAY!).
After going through the metal detector, the inspector picked up
my little SAK and told me
"IT'S NOT NICE TO OWN ONE OF THESE"
If he had seen the Shabaria and neck knife
I left under the seat in the car
he probably would have had a heart attack.
It's too arbitrary.
I wouldn't bring anything to the airport that I wasn't willing to lose.
Doc

Doc, Sounds like you met one of the ever present Knotheads that seem to get jobs at airports.
It was nice ot you to leave your "better" blades in the car. Knotheads like the one you met can
be very unpredictable. Paranoia abounds in our world today.

Originally posted by Doc4570
"IT'S NOT NICE TO OWN ONE OF THESE"
I wonder what he considers being nice??!!?? Maybe his aunts scissors, used to cut embroiderings? What an idiot. I can imagine that it was difficult for you, not to smack his face :)

Bear in mind, I'm from NYC.
I've been called a lot of colorful names.
I haven't been called "not nice" since I was about 7 years old. ;)
You give these muffin heads a little bit of power
and they find it necessary to abuse it.
Thank God he didn't have a gun :D
Doc

Back