How to fight US-based vendors of fakes/counterfeits?

Discussion in 'American Knife & Tool Institute' started by oregon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. oregon

oregon Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2005
  2. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    US based seller, Kentucky in this example, vending a fake/counterfeit advertised as "Buck USA Single Lockback Knife With Clip":

[​IMG]

3. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    When Kentucky is online selling a fake/counterfeit Buck knife I say enough is enough.

"BUCK USA SINGLE LOCKBACK KNIFE WITH CLIP" Item number: 230926102171

4. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
  5. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    I communicated with the vendor and they said that they knew that the knife was not real. I asked that the word "Buck" be removed from their pitch. However, the ad remains up.

6. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
  7. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    General Illegal Activity Call 1-800-BE-ALERT

This phone number was provided by Customs/Homeland Security to report US Vendors selling fakes/counterfeits.

8. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    Why don't you just call up Buck Knives and let them fight the fight? They have the lawyers and resources to do so. Just sayin.......

9. oregon

Jan 12, 2005
    I plan to have a meal with Chuck Buck this summer at his place (BCCI 25th Anniversary) and I might ask him about counterfeits. I personally don't like fakers so I will do what I can. The story I've gotten is that ebay makes it quite difficult for a company to fight counterfeit sellers in their venue so the cost for Buck may not out weigh the benefit.