• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

How to fit large lanyard on FBM?

Guys...can some of you post pics of how you fit/use a large busse lanyard on your knives? It doesn't have to be an FBM. I'm wondering if there is a way to fit it other than the obvious looping through one of the end holes.

Thanks

i dont have my fbm yet, but heres a few examples on some other large busses.

patents pending

THE BOWTIE

IM000611.jpg

THE FOUR LEGGED GRASSHOPPER

IM000613.jpg

AND THE DREADED BOOMERANG

IM000614.jpg

Just get a pair of handcuffs and put one cuff through the lanyard hole and the other around your wrist;)

Wow, too cool!!! :eek:

Since you have patents pending, do we send our knives to you if we want that Four-Legged Grasshopper thing on, say, a Randall? :confused: :confused: You may have to drill a hole or something...

Wow, too cool!!! :eek:

Since you have patents pending, do we send our knives to you if we want that Four-Legged Grasshopper thing on, say, a Randall? :confused: :confused: You may have to drill a hole or something...

yes, send me the randall. should only take me a few months to complete the work.

if there is no lanyard hole, i will drill one with my dremel.

and heck, if you would like more legs, say maybe eleven, can do!

I don't have enough lanyards to do the boomerang....but I'm sure the next time I'm F5'ing for a GW my cart will fill up with more than enough....

LMAO!!! Nice knot work!!! :D :thumbup:

I predict a run on lanyards at the Co. Store as people realize the earth-shaking possibilities of the Mutant Fifteen-Legged Grasshopper.

I've always had second thoughts about useing landyards on big knives. The boomerang effect is very real to me.

I use a thumb-wrap technique that makes big blades feel secure in my hand.

I only use the Grasshopper Legs for Ninja Infiltrations.

LMAO!!! Nice knot work!!! :D :thumbup:

I predict a run on lanyards at the Co. Store as people realize the earth-shaking possibilities of the Mutant Fifteen-Legged Grasshopper.

do you have spies? i have been working on the mutant fifteen legged grasshopper, otherwise known as the centipede.

and blue steel is almost ready.;)

You didn't just say blue steel, did you? :eek:

steel%20blue.jpg

This is my favorite way to use the large lanyard with the FBM. I find it very effective for defending myself against swarming mall ninjas.

lanyardswingyMedium.jpg

:p :p :p :D :D

EDIT: YMMV :D

Back