How to fix a Ford F250 6.0L Diesel

Its a 12, no DEF but has all that weird egr stuff. Gonna leave the motor stock for now though since it came with a pretty good warranty.

Dogs were having a blast chasing snow/ice balls.

Glad to see you got the 12. I have heard some horror stories about the DEF system, not on the Ram though. But the EGR stuff is a pain of its own. I found out that the engine oil system cleans the particulates that the DEF is supposed to take care of. It means you might have to change oil a but more frequently. A change oil light came on at about 4800 miles for me which means it needed to be changed. Still I would rather do that than have to mess with DEF fluids. Good buy.

I agree after reading as much as I could about everything before I bought it. I went ahead and purchased the bypass oil filter. Still gotta worry about fuel in the oil but it will keep it cleaner. I know guys that are deleted that go 12k miles between oil changes but without being deleted I think the extra filtration will atleast keep me around the recommended oil changes which will be fine by me. Only other thing I may add is the extra fuel filter. Heard its a good investment. Other then that its good to go.

I like it, so does the wife. Not having to climb into a truck with a 6" lift and 35's on it plus with the much smoother ride she actually doesnt mind taking the truck now.

Hmm, might have to look into the bypass oil filter and extra fuel filter too. Yes the wife likes riding in the new truck much more than the old one. Smoother and much quieter. It is quieter than her subaru, lots of wind noise in her car.

Nice Rig! yeah the dogs look like they are having a blast, the one on the right looks like it is made for some serious speed! Steven

I'm a Dodge man myself. I have a 1999 Ram with 150K on it. Runs sweet, and by now the seat fits my rear perfectly. Got some rust on the doors, gonna fix it myself soon.

Haha Rifleman that little guy tries his best to keep up with the big one. Hes actually pretty quick but being half chiwuaha part pug and part pikanease ( I cant spell those).

David I am hoping mine last as well. Guess we shall see how it goes (fingers crossed).

Nice lookin trucks there, but I figgered I'd throw in my experience when it comes to truck fixing.

Need to fix an 86' Mazda B2000 that needs an engine rebuild? (Sorry, no pic)

Find an 81' F100 custom stepside.... :D

IMG_8788.jpg

truck%202_zps52649e97.jpg

Back