1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix your noisy Fallkniven Zytel Sheath + More!

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by letsurf, Sep 1, 2018.

1. letsurf

letsurf Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2013
    A lot of Fallkniven owners complain about the Zytel sheath so I just wanted to show how I fixed the noise problem and a few other modifications I made.

1. I tool a drill bit and heated it to red hot, then pressed it into the sheath a few inches from the bottom. The indention reduces the gap and the F1 now rides quietly in the sheath no matter how active you are.

2. I drilled a few holes in the side and custom made a kydex fire starter holder. I used saddle thread but you could also use some aircraft wire or something if you want it more durable.

3. I modified and attached a Fallkniven 3dt diamond sharpener to the back of the sheath so I always have a sharpener with me.

The sheath is waterproof, extremely lightweight, and with the few modifications I think a pretty good system for stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cryptyc likes this.
  2. Cryptyc

Cryptyc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I like this, a lot! Thank you for sharing your mods.

3. letsurf

letsurf Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Glad you like it =) The noise really bothered me when walking around the woods and I'm not worried about cosmetics.

Cryptyc likes this.