1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 4 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade Limited Edition 319DLC-1801 Proper, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 26!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

How to fix your noisy Fallkniven Zytel Sheath + More!

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by letsurf, Sep 1, 2018.

1. letsurf

letsurf Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2013
    A lot of Fallkniven owners complain about the Zytel sheath so I just wanted to show how I fixed the noise problem and a few other modifications I made.

1. I tool a drill bit and heated it to red hot, then pressed it into the sheath a few inches from the bottom. The indention reduces the gap and the F1 now rides quietly in the sheath no matter how active you are.

2. I drilled a few holes in the side and custom made a kydex fire starter holder. I used saddle thread but you could also use some aircraft wire or something if you want it more durable.

3. I modified and attached a Fallkniven 3dt diamond sharpener to the back of the sheath so I always have a sharpener with me.

The sheath is waterproof, extremely lightweight, and with the few modifications I think a pretty good system for stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

d762nato and Cryptyc like this.
  2. Cryptyc

Cryptyc

Sep 24, 2013
    I like this, a lot! Thank you for sharing your mods.

3. letsurf

letsurf Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Glad you like it =) The noise really bothered me when walking around the woods and I'm not worried about cosmetics.

Cryptyc likes this.