How to get a CRK with a specific birth date

Looking to pick up a CRK in celebration of a recent milestone at work. I am hoping I can get one with a birth date of the day of the milestone 9/28/18. How should I go about trying to find one with a really recent birthdate. Or how do I find out if one even exists?

FWIW I’m hoping for an Large Inkosi. This will likely be my one and only CRK so I’m wanting one from that date if possible!

Thanks for the help!

I now see that they aren’t open on Fridays anymore so that won’t happen.

Date change to 10/8/18. That’s next Monday. Can I request one directly from CRK?

I have had luck looking at ebay for dates. The ones with inlays or Damascus blades usually include a pic of the birth card.
When I spoke to CRK a couple of weeks ago they said that they can put a request in for a specific date but couldn't guarantee anything. I would call them on Monday and ask or wait till that day to call and see what they have going out.
I have a 9-25-18 inbound from action concepts.

Yes, you can get one directly. Call them on Monday and see what’s on the production list for that day. Explain your situation and see if they’ll pull one for you. If they can’t, they should be able to let you know which dealers are getting that days production. Then, you can get one from a dealer with the date you want.
The hunt for a specific date is exciting. Since it hasn’t been made yet, you’ll probably have a good chance.

Like previously stated, overtime is a possibility(though a bit of a long shot). They may be able to let you know where they sent knives of a certain date(recent). So in this case a call is the best bet. After that it's want ads and search.
Good luck

Last edited:
Looking to pick up a CRK in celebration of a recent milestone at work. I am hoping I can get one with a birth date of the day of the milestone 9/28/18. How should I go about trying to find one with a really recent birthdate. Or how do I find out if one even exists?

FWIW I’m hoping for an Large Inkosi. This will likely be my one and only CRK so I’m wanting one from that date if possible!

Thanks for the help!

That was a Friday, and CRK is closed most Fridays.

They do over time sometimes on Fridays. You can call and ask them.

What is the milestone?
I passed my promotional exam at work and got promoted to Captain.

I keep wavering back and forth between an inkosi and a sebenza. If I can find one with the sought after birth date it will make the decision for me lol

A better idea is to get one engraved! You deserve it!

That’s a great idea. I’m going to call CRK on Monday and see what they have.

I can’t seem to find any plain Inkosi or 21 on their website.

I got the approval of the wife so all I need to do is make the call!

IIRC, the engraving isn't really that expensive.

I am getting ready to price out a custom knife with them with graphic and engraved words; If you have the time please let us know the parameters for design and costs!

I would go for a special design graphic IMO. I haven't seen any CRK's with "ugly" designs. Would they take a hand sketch to further the custom? Captains bars with flames...etc. Then later pick up another one for Battalion Chief...are we talking firefighter ranks correct?

I would go for a special design graphic IMO. I haven't seen any CRK's with "ugly" designs. Would they take a hand sketch to further the custom? Captains bars with flames...etc. Then later pick up another one for Battalion Chief...are we talking firefighter ranks correct?

That's the spirit!!!!

Back