How to resist buying knives

I saw when you picked it up....they look nice, I like the nail nick on that one.
Stay off of BF? I try not to impulse buy any more, if I do it's something under $30. However, I get bit about once a year now and this time the bug is called Boker Haddock. Yup, it'll be here this week, hehe!

eisman

Gold Member
1. Tell yourself everything they have in the store can be had cheaper on line.
2. Use your smart phone to prove this.
3. Keep a running total of what the costs are.
4. Add in the costs of the trip to TN.
5. Take a close look and realize that for that kind of money instead of a trip you'll never brag about you could have been fooling around with a babe in a bikini someplace warm.

Merry Christmas...

I'd love to visit SMKW and see their knife displays. But based on their printed catalogs they mostly sell crap, which I can easily resist. I could use a new Buck knife though. And maybe one of their exclusive Case models if the quality is good. They are dealers for Canal Street Cutlery too - I bet I could find one I like. And I always have room for another Queen or Schatt-Morgan. Maybe an ESEE would 'talk' to me. And there's always Northfield or Tidioute, that Becker BK16 that I need, and...

:eek:

After attending a convention in Las Vegas last year, I rented a BMW 1200GS and was touring Nevada, Northern California and Arizona. I told myself since I'm in the area, I may as well figure out where Arizona Custom Knives is and test the limits of my credit card. Imagine my surprise when I discovered they are located in Florida! Temptation resolved!

not2sharp

Gold Member
I took a vacation to Sevieville Tennessee. And I'm within walking distance from smokey mountain knife works. And since I have to go to it I need to know how to resist the knives influence, so I don't go home a poor man.

No problem. Just do what I do and forget your wallet at home.

Oddly enough, I have been there several times and only recall purchasing a knife once. I tend to like the stuff in their museum cases, but don't really care for much of anything in their sales cases or catalog.

n2s

Last edited:

jkwithawave

Platinum Member
One word. Restraint. I had to use it yesterday when I saw a ZT 121 for about $50 cheaper than I'd ever seen it. I say again RESTRAINT!