How to spot a fake DDR AXD knife?

Howdy all! First time poster here, apologies if this isn't the right section. I'm currently trying to purchase one of my dream blades, a Darrel Ralph AXD 5.5, however I am unsure if it is a legit Darrel Ralph knife or a Chinese copy. I'm not an expert by any means and I've noticed there seems to be quite a few variants that have been released over the years, but some things that stand out to me: I do not see a "made in USA" marking anywhere on the blade, pretty much all of the real DDR one's I've seen have that on the right side of the blade. It has "The Expendables" written on the right side of the blade, but in a size/style I haven't seen on other legit DDR knives, only other marking I see appears to be the DDR logo on the left side (hard to see, pics aren't great quality and it looks a bit worn). What do y'all think?

f37kr7oee52b1

3ryo9iyee52b1

Howdy all! First time poster here, apologies if this isn't the right section. I'm currently trying to purchase one of my dream blades, a Darrel Ralph AXD 5.5, however I am unsure if it is a legit Darrel Ralph knife or a Chinese copy. I'm not an expert by any means and I've noticed there seems to be quite a few variants that have been released over the years, but some things that stand out to me: I do not see a "made in USA" marking anywhere on the blade, pretty much all of the real DDR one's I've seen have that on the right side of the blade. It has "The Expendables" written on the right side of the blade, but in a size/style I haven't seen on other legit DDR knives, only other marking I see appears to be the DDR logo on the left side (hard to see, pics aren't great quality and it looks a bit worn). What do y'all think?

f37kr7oee52b1

3ryo9iyee52b1
This is what he DDR blade marking looks like up close. The second D is shorter.IMG_2482.jpeg

Most likely the Chinese copy is better made and finished 🤣
DDR (R.I.P.) made some exquisite knives in his time. I've seen many of them in person as well as images. I can't speak to this particular line of knives, as it's not my cup of tea...but the man had amazing talent.

I've owned a DDR and it was top notch quality. Fit and finish was equal to most high end knives I've had.

Darrel Ralph knives? Well, they're good enough for Aerosmith 😁 .

9xcTFTr.jpg

EqEl3Cv.jpg

Joe Perry whips it out for Rachel Ray at a barbecue.

I'm talking about his DDR Madd Maxx. 22 seconds in.

Back