How to tighten kydex sheath knife retention?

Is there a way, using heat, to tighten the knife retention of a kydex sheath? How's it done? I'd like to tighten the kydex sheath of a BRKT Bravo Necker.

I’m no expert, but I’ve had good luck with a heat gun. I just went slow and kinda push molded it by hand.

carefully with heat gun and keep moving the heat around in just the area you want to adjust, once soft hold it in place with your hands tightly with gloves and wait till it cools...

Put some gloves on your hand because the kydex and knife inside can get quite hot.

Also be aware that the kydex will go soft very quickly when exposed to heat so heat a tiny bit and check. You don’t want to over heat it as it will essentially become plastic sludge very quickly.

I used to tighten my kydex by holding it over a lighter (not touching the flame) for just a few seconds and it would go completely soft. Usually I would just heat the part I wanted to pinch very quickly.

On this sheath I lightly pinched the part in the middle of the handle ring for added retention.
JXmFs66.jpg

On this one I did around the heel of the blade. Where my fingers are.
RyOveVI.jpg

Most importantly go slow and test a little bit at a time. It is extremely easy to overhear and over pinch.

Back