How to truly "abuse" a Busse

a·buse
tr.v. a·bused, a·bus·ing, a·bus·es

To use wrongly or improperly; misuse

I was thinking about how to abuse a Busse today, and came to the following conclusions. Firstly, Busses are so darn tough, it would be nearly impossible to break one of them without (even with on some models) the help of a vice and a pipe or some other made-made device, and their edges are so durable that even if you chopped into some rock or steel you could repair the damage with a diamond hone (probably).

So, I concluded that if you want to truly abuse your Busse, all you have to do is leave it in a drawer and never use it hard! :D :p :D

Guys, you are 100% right. Busses are truly one brand of knife that will outlive us all !

I agree they do love Abuse, while I was doing some work on my Porch last Summer I used a hammer on the spine of my BA-E to shear off some hard to reach nails. All my friends thought I was crazy, but I knew it wouldn't be a problem :D It came out looking like a Champ.

Gotta Love those Busses

The best way to abuse a Busse knife????...that's quite
easy...put the nuclear bastard in your safe or hide it in
a draw...only take it out to show your friends blade art...
during the late show flick it about...when you get up to
pee take it in the bathroom and look at yourself in the
mirror and practice "tough talk". The best thing to do with
with a Busse knife...use the hell out of it...test it...chop
with it...pry with it...drop it in the fire with a piece of
good steak on it...just stop worrying about it's future trade
value...use it, abuse it, love it...try and wear it out and
your post's will become interesting again.

Right on man! Use 'em, abuse 'em! Mine are definitely put to the test often, and are ALWAYS up to the challenge. Just took my NO out for a walk in the woods today. The more scuffs it gets, the better it looks!

Oh, and it's STILL sharp...

Back