How tough guys carry knives!!

A Polynesian man seen by Captain Cook in 1785.

PORTRAIT OF A MAN OF MAGEA

Attachments

• X51A6.JPG
    X51A6.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 179
I wonder how he would carry a standard khukri....

The real tough guys need not show off his knife prominently - that's the south east asian knife culture.

I could be wrong, but I think that is a rolled leaf in his ear. I have a friend who does the same thing when she goes camping (and the scary part is I'm not kidding).

Pretty sure it's actually a knife
X51A7.JPG

and a shave and he'd be the lovely assistant to a circus knife thrower in need of a bit more practice!

Wait, what?

Are you asking "what" in regards to the girl? If so, yea: 1 1/4 inch holes in her ear lobes. Ever seen national Geographic...nothing compared to that girl from Covington, KY. I used to be close to that myself (1 inch holes) until I got tired of having to tuck my ears up into my ear muffs at the gun range. I was a rare bird at GOP rallies and was probably often suspected of being a liberal spy.;)

Hey, you still got the water tower by the mall that says, "Florence Y'all"? I grew up in Cincy.

Hey, you still got the water tower by the mall that says, "Florence Y'all"? I grew up in Cincy.

Yes, unfortunately. Nothing like having the word "Y'all" in giant letters on the side of a water tower right next to a major north/south interstate corridor to advertise to the world that Kentuckians are nothing but a bunch of yokels. I don't know a single intelligent person around here that isn't embarrassed by that crap.

Congratulations on having escaped the tri-state. ;)

That tower once said "Florence Mall". Some legal crap began and so they changed it to "Florence Y'all". I lived in Florence, KY in the mid to late '70's and remember it well.

Semp

Yep, I was there when they changed it. I was just wondering if they ever changed it back or put something else up.

We notice it every time we pass that way on our journeys to and from Indiana. Ah, the ties that bind.... :)

Eric

Back