How well does the Cold Steel thumb plate 'wave' open?

I'm back home and have been trying the Talwar and it just isn't reliable for me so far. Not sure why but I will keep trying things. My modded Griptilian works perfect in the same scenarios and always works. For me the thumb plate is not working as well or as easy as a different design.

Hopefully I can figure out something to make it more reliable because that is the main reason I wanted it and it's a bit frustrating that it doesn't work as well as a home made version.

Thanks again for all the input!

I'm back home and have been trying the Talwar and it just isn't reliable for me so far. Not sure why but I will keep trying things. My modded Griptilian works perfect in the same scenarios and always works. For me the thumb plate is not working as well or as easy as a different design.

Hopefully I can figure out something to make it more reliable because that is the main reason I wanted it and it's a bit frustrating that it doesn't work as well as a home made version.

Thanks again for all the input!
Man, sorry to hear that. I enjoyed the thread. Interesting to see how different everyone's experiences are. It has varied by model, pant type, deployment technique etc. Who'd have thought this was such a complex issue!?[emoji2]

Well I found a used ZT 0620CF and got it the other day. And it works great, similar to the one I made. I don't really like frame locks but it's a nice knife and I really like the steel. A 1 micron diamond spray hard leather strop will bring it back from barely shaving to shaving well and even tree topping. For some reason the super steels seem to tree top with not much effort and I really am a steel snob these days.

I've also been playing with the Talwar and have it working more reliably. Since there isn't a lot of room between the top of blade and the plate, but the plate sticks out to the side, I've been pulling it up and out instead of back and it works much more reliably. I feel like it takes more technique than the ZT, but I think I will end up liking both.

Thanks for all the replies and if anyone else has any thoughts I would still be interested.

Back