Howling Rat Sheath...Any Good?

mathman

Gold Member
Well, I ordered a Howling Rat and am really looking forward to getting it after all of the good things that I've heard here on the forums. My question is this: Is the Howling Rat sheath really that bad? It seems the review of the knife is fantastic, but some say the sheath leaves a lot to be desired...and have bought their own sheath for the knife. Why? Can anyone post pictures of the factory sheath and/or a quality aftermarket sheath? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! ;)

mathman

Gold Member
clone7,

thanks for posting links to the pictures...I like the factory sheath (at least from the picture)...

mathman

Gold Member
I'll probably keep the factory sheath...from what I hear, it'll be a while until I get it.

The factory sheath is pretty good. It even works for front pocket carry for some brands of jeans.

I have the same sort of sheath with my SR Bandicoot and I think it is a really nice little sheath that will do the job no worries at all.

does the howling rat come with a factory sheath? Why do some knives come with and other you have to buy independently?

Jansen

Yes, Howling Rat comes with factory sheath . It's simple and well made.
I am going to buy Kydex sheath for daily carry( in more positions can be fastened to your belt and it looks cool :D ), but when it will be really freezing(about - 20 Celsius ) i am going to use leather, because Kydex can be somehow brittle