HR1 vs HR2

Hey guys, can someone show me or explain the differences in the above handles? Don't have a HR1 anymore and the HR2 is on order. It appears bouncing back and forth between images that the tang protrusion at the pommel/butt is a little different but that's all I can make out. That's provided my eyes ain't going buggy flipping pics.

The HR 2 has longer blade near 8".
Missed the part about handles.

Gotta laugh! The blade is a definite diff in a lot of aspects w/length going from 7" to 8' which I am a big fan of that change. In my eyes at least the HR2 is far superior to the HR1. Don't get me wrong here cause the HR1 was one of my favorites since 2005 when I got into Busse Combat blades. Owned 5 of them and looking to find more. The HR2 has really captivated my attention though.

It seems to me that the HR1 is thinner than the HR2 as well. Mild differences in blade shape, proportions, weight, length, etc.

To me, they are totally different blades. I like them both, though, in their own ways!

I recently picked up the 1 and 2, but they are getting pants by a BF member @VJT and should be done by this week. Here is a photo Vin sent me yesterday of both. The 1 is the first pic. Super anxious to get them both in hand!

View attachment 1527363 View attachment 1527364
Great pics, thanks!!! There seems to be a minimal diff in the two but still can't for sure say so. I'm a retired turbine mechanic and use to measurements. One of these days I guess I'll get a hold of them with calipers and mics.

I recently picked up the 1 and 2, but they are getting pants by a BF member @VJT and should be done by this week. Here is a photo Vin sent me yesterday of both. The 1 is the first pic. Super anxious to get them both in hand!

View attachment 1527363 View attachment 1527364

Sorry, are you sure those are HR1 and HR2?
They seem to have very similar butt prongs, both looks like HR2.
if i remember correctly, HR1 and HR2 have different butt prongs, on older HR1 the middle prong is longer and rounder, while on HR2 all of the three prongs are amost of similiar length and pointier.
I could be wrong though.

Oh yea they are both of the HR2 variety. The DC is the Special Edition and it IS a HR2 while the Blk bladed one is a Battle Grade in SR-101 and it to is a HR2. Busse never made a HR in SR-101 back in the day.

Needed to add the BGHR came out around the Fall of 2015. There have been some of the Old HR1 show up even in this just past Ganza. Couldn't believe it when I was looking at all the blade offerings for the Ganza.

OK I stand corrected! When was that sale page up to buy from? In my defense the Fall of 2015 is when I started have some more health challenges and that's the time I started bowing out of everything. So inform me please of when they were made. Entertaining looking for one myself.

Back