Hubbard & Blake West Waterville Maine Flea Mkt Find!

First axe of the year found today at the flea market. Excellent condition Hubbard & Blake (H.&B. Co.) West Waterville Maine. Got lucky! (Got a Plumb Rockaway too)
2885-A271-47-DE-454-A-834-F-63-A62-E63974-C.jpg
5537081-E-0584-4-FFE-AFAA-34548-BC5-C428.jpg
503-CDE84-2778-4769-AC8-F-81325899-B104.jpg

Last edited:
First axe of the year found today at the flea market. Excellent condition Hubbard & Blake (H.&B. Co.) West Waterville Maine. Got lucky! (Got a Plumb Rockaway too)
2885-A271-47-DE-454-A-834-F-63-A62-E63974-C.jpg
5537081-E-0584-4-FFE-AFAA-34548-BC5-C428.jpg
503-CDE84-2778-4769-AC8-F-81325899-B104.jpg

Great scores man! I'm a Maine collector,who lives in Maine. Any chance you'd sell or trade that H&B? I have a wedge pattern from them stamped W Waterville, but it's pretty beat up. That's a clean example!

Great scores man! I'm a Maine collector,who lives in Maine. Any chance you'd sell or trade that H&B? I have a wedge pattern from them stamped W Waterville, but it's pretty beat up. That's a clean example!
I’ve been collecting a long time myself, lived in Maine for over 20 years, this is only the 3rd H&B I’ve ever found. I’m an anvil collector more than axes to let you know. I have Maine axes (and others) I’d trade for small or large anvils.

I’ve been collecting a long time myself, lived in Maine for over 20 years, this is only the 3rd H&B I’ve ever found. I’m an anvil collector more than axes to let you know. I have Maine axes (and others) I’d trade for small or large anvils.
Ahh, I see!
I've only got one anvil and it was a gift from my father in law. Plus it's got a broken horn. About 2" of the tip is missing.
Are anvils the only thing you'd be interested in trading for?
My dream axe is a connie with the H&B diamond etch. Have you seen that before? There's a guy on IG that has one. It's damn near mint condition and haunts my dreams. :eek:;).
I'm afraid I don't have any anvils to offer man! :confused:. And the incredibly high price of each one I see prevents me from acquiring any more!

Greetings MasonD and BF members in Maine. Nice find Mason! Ya got to LOVE "Flea Markets". I too live in Maine (Sagadahoc County) and I've amassed about thirty (more or less) Axes/Hatchets over the last number of years. I must admit, I have not heard of H&B, then again, I'm not a serious collector per se, more of a person who "accumulates" things I like. Axes & Hatchets were high on my list for a long time. Not so much these days. In fact, I plan to soon "thin out" the bulk of my Axes/Hatchets as I don't even use them (save a few Hatchets). I will for sure hold on to my Boy's Axes however, I've no need/use for all the HEAVY Axe Heads I've collected all these years (S&N, Collins, Plumb, etc.) as I'm getting too old and I have a Shoulder issue. Maybe, perhaps, I will keep ONE Larger Falling Axe (maybe two). Oooh, (while not the same H&B you speak of, I do have one "H&B FORGE" Spike Tomahawk). I am for sure keeping this BAD BOY lol. In the photo below, the TOP "Spike Head" is one that I've been trying to figure out for years if it might be an authentic "Trade Spike Tomahawk" Head or a "Spike Ice Hatchet". To my Eyes, it LOOKS more like a real "Spike Trade Tomahawk". I just don't know for sure. I found this "Spike Head" at a Junk shop about seven or eight years ago along Rt. One along the Mid-Cost of Maine. No doubt this "Head" was dug out of the Earth. The Eye hole was packed with Earth hard as Cement. I cleaned it up a bit. I wish I knew the "back story" on this "Spike Head". At any rate, I sent it to "Jarrod" of H&B Forge who forge me an AWESOME replica of this old "Head". I'm more than happy with the results.

HARDBALL

173939851_1128563714222056_3578241051798837914_n.png

Back