1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HUCK first impressions & sheath

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by gorshi, Jan 30, 2019.

1. gorshi

gorshi

Jan 9, 2006
    Few days ago received HUCK! I’ve always wanted kukri but never had luck with traditional knives made in India. Issues with edge retention, broken handle etc... I missed HUCK during regular offer so now, when it appeared for affordable price , I grab the knife immediately.
    On the first sight Busse kukri is absolutely somewhere else in quality, fit and finish and of course durability. The knife has acceptable weight and thickness, comfortable long handle and feels light and quick in the hand.
    I’m really looking forward to try HUCK in the woods as soon as possible! Hope I will add some pictures and short review in few days. HUCK screams to be used & abused!
    This is also my first Busse with black and blue g10 handles. I was little sceptic about them but they look killer in real! No complaints!
    I made leather sheath for this new baby. It was little bit challenging. But I’m satisfied with the result though there are some small imperfections.
    Thanks for watching!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Very nice and I love the sheath as well. I really like the blue G10 as well as the orange black G10.

3. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    Nice leather working there man! You have some talent and skill.
    Congrats on the knife as well, I love the lines of the Huck's blade

gorshi likes this.
  4. jay drews

jay drews Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2018
    I like your huck . the dangler suites it well and the blue/black scales are striking against the black sheath

5. gorshi

gorshi

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks for all your kind words guys!!!
    It’s always nice to share the Busse addiction here. I’m completely in ;):thumbsup:

6. oge14

oge14 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Very nice work on the sheath. Thank you for posting pic's.

7. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Real nice work on that sheath, knife is good too

8. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Great job on both!:D:thumbsup:

9. gorshi

gorshi

Jan 9, 2006
    Hell yeah! This thing can chop! :thumbsup::)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So as it is still efficient cutting tool. Another amazing piece from Jerry and crew :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

donscpoo, hydeinmind, evltcat and 6 others like this.
  10. jay drews

jay drews Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2018
    MEAT?????? with a huck fin?? I LOVE IT!!!!

gorshi likes this.
  11. gorshi

gorshi

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks. It’s fun to do all that chores with big blade. It’s true magic of Busse - even with ultimate chopper you can do small things.
    So what about some feather sticks? :D

[​IMG]

donscpoo, hydeinmind and Leonardo63 like this.
  12. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Great thread! Love to see the big blades getting used and abused. :thumbsup:

gorshi likes this.
  13. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Excellent work mate! Bash the snot out of it!!

gorshi likes this.
  14. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Just a HUCK:D...seriously though, awesome pics and sheath.

gorshi likes this.
  15. morvlorv

morvlorv Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    this HUCK looks just a little more suited for Hard Use than Emersons HUCK. haha

gorshi likes this.
  16. gorshi

gorshi

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks for watching guys!
    I also did today a short comparison with my first go to chopper. And I have to say that NMFBM is still a winner! The blade geometry - convex grind makes definitely the difference.
    HUCKs forward ballanced blade is a beast and it chops wood as a butter, but it can’t beat my NMFBM (original run .250 thick).
    I really hope that someday I will have a chance to find some NMFBMLE.
    [​IMG]

17. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    If you're going to make that statement, you might want to check over your shoulder first to make sure that there are no Nepalis standing behind you. Especially not Gorkhalis or Limbus with large knives. :p

gorshi likes this.
  18. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Khukuries are impressive and efficient choppers. I have owned HI khuks since the late 90's. There workhorse knives, most being half an inch thick or thicker. The huck looks like it takes it to another level. I recently got one but have not used it. Looks to be a great performer from your review.

gorshi likes this.
  19. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    The Huck Fin is going to be my next knife to buy soon...in 2 weeks.

I need one to clear the bushes around my land up to the river in backyard. Glad you're beating the crap out of it with merry and glee!

Crosier and gorshi like this.