Huh? No WESTERN Picture thread?? Show us your 666's!!

;)
I'll kick her off I guess

I really only liked the Western L and F series fixed blades until a few months ago
Never liked the wood or plastic (or Delrin?) of handles as much as the leather and aluminum handles for some reason
I picked these up within the last few months
They feel heavier and balanced more towards the pommel than the other Westerns
I'm beginning to like them more and more:thumbup:

Top one is a Boulder,CO 639 (My beloved Western sharpfinger style w/ grooves in thumbrest)
Bottom is S-666 (I got my Western "Eddie" Iron Maiden Commemorative Model!! W0oT!!!)
Anyone else got a 666?
Do I have the largest collection north of the Ventura River??:cool:
Codger====> Any other 666's I should know about? Did they make a carbon steel version?? A Pete Rose Montgomery Wards model?? Ted NUGENT?? LOL
Hehehhehe...Just kidding I already found these in the old catalogs on COSAU :thumbup:
2316925569_235639c38f.jpg

2317734496_9523e56f00.jpg

2317734410_cf98388d95.jpg

The shutterbug dudes over on The Gallery sub-forum are all up in arms over my "big" pictures
So I guess I'll do them smaller from now on.......

If you want to see the full, amazing, detail in full technocolortronic, Trent-O-Vision click on lower left link of my sig...

So I'll show the few I Western's I have.

A 648A fixed blade, an 062 folding hunter, and a 651 slim stockman

westerns.jpg

westernfolder.jpg

The two bladed stockman is a single spring Western Boulder. One of my favorite to carry.

The other two are fresh off a swap with Joel (Gradall)

Very nice boys!! :thumbup::thumbup:

If we loosen the parameters a bit.....I can show a 66...and a small stockman. :D

fk2r0l.jpg

Bill

If we loosen the parameters a bit.....I can show a 66
You know Trent has love for an L66!!!:thumbup:
The leather handle on that looks NICE
Most of mine are well worn :(("shows character") right??

I like those serrated blade ones Irv......

They are both the same. Camillus ordered cases and cases of decks of cards for a promotion that didn't quite live up to expectation - mostly due in part to an inept sales force and not the product.

They are both the same
Hhehehheheh
I know
I got them on EBAY for about 4 bucks a piece
There are some former CAMCO employees on this forum===>
I don't know If I would really imply an "inept" sales force ;)
I think the NAME Camillus was a selling point in itself due to it's reputation and history...

I'll prolly keep one in the package and use the other deck to play some fast action Texas Hold Em' :cool:

I'm not sure many would say Rick R is to far off on that.................

I've had car payments that were bigger than the Camillus advertising budget!

Okay, how about this one..........

Eliot Spitzer spent more in one hour on a hooker than Camillus spent on advertising in 5 years. :D:p

.....And Spitzer got more "bang" for his buck!!!!

thawk:
I have a 062 hunter also, how do you clean them up soo nice??? Mine looks very shabby

Flitz?? sorry I don't know what that is?? looks like it works well.
Mike

I use it for the bolsters and maybe on stainless blades if it is a knife I want to polish. Not easy to find in stores.

00003868.jpg

LIQUID METAL, PLASTIC & FIBERGLASS POLISH
Flitz Liquid Metal Polish is a diluted version of the original paste formula that cleans and polishes brass, copper, silverplate, sterling, chrome, stainless steel, nickel, bronze, solid gold, aluminum, anodized aluminum, pewter and factory hot gun bluing. Available in three different sizes.

Last edited:
Here is my L28
2745474143_2052b0a1cf_b.jpg

I'm not sure the model of this one
It is slightly larger than the L28
2746314322_fb7a3e11cc_b.jpg

2745474279_e0830c9e96_b.jpg

BTW...the scratches came with the knives :eek:
The macro lens makes them look huge...LOL

I have a few Camillus-made Western knives but none of the Colorado era knives. I had a Model 66 for for about 20 years and never used it, after hearing about the closing of Camillus I picked up a few more. I like the double knife set ( North American Hunting Club) a lot, as well as the Western W36 with wooden handles. I have bought a lot more folding knives than fixed blades.

Last edited:
How come I just now saw this fine looking thread.. Man, I just love the old Westerns!

Here are just a few of mine..

000_1154.jpg

000_1153.jpg

000_1726.jpg

000_1729.jpg

Back