Hultafors knives ?

Does anyone know of a place that sells Hultafors knives and ships to Canada ?

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
What's the going rate in US dollars on these? Yes I am too lazy to do a conversion search :) wasn't there talk of a group buy a while back?

The tangs on the hultafors is quite long. More like 3/4 or something, if not a tad longer. And the handle is way more comfortable than any mora you`d ever handle.
I`ll go so far, as to say that this is how Busse would do it, if they made mora knives.
The GK, which stands for GrovKniven, meaning Rough Knife, is really sturdy aswell.
And the price from the website above is in USD $12. Roughly. Shipping not included.
Though i think it might be cheaper if you manage to find a more local supplier than one from Denmark.

Maybe send an email to Ragnar at ragweedforge, and check with him if he might add it to his list of knives. Cause they`re as well built, if not better than the general mora. Actually, it`s more wellbuilt than the mora 2000. Alot more comfortable too.

Atleast that`s what i think. My two cents.

Edited to add: And it`s not a stick-tang. It`s more like a slightly undersized full-tang. If that makes any sense.

Like the 2000-tang, only longer?

-jontok

I suppose so. I`ve not demolished a 2000-tang, but i have demolished the handle of a hultafors grovkniv, so... Maybe?
I`ll try to get a picture of the tang up when i get the chance. Possibly tomorrow.

Here is the very crappy pic of the tang on a hultafors grovkniv knife.
(The ruler is in cm, so i`ve approximated the scale in inches aswell for you convenience.)

282kx6p.jpg

The tang is 8 cm long, roughly 1 1/2 cm wide.
Or: 3.149 606 299 2 inch long, and 0.590 551 181 1 inch wide.
The knife is also 3mm thick, or 0.118 110 236 22 inch thick.
Hope that helps, and i`m very sorry for the quality of the pic. It`s all i could get together with the current setup where i am right now. (Not at home.)