1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hump Day

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by B Griffin, Feb 5, 2014.

1. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Ok, we all know what day it is. Let's see 'em

[​IMG]

2. LilBayDeNoc

LilBayDeNoc

May 31, 2013
    Beautiful Nessy there!

3. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Thanks, I think so too. I couldn't get the shot I wanted. The sun came out bright after we got about 7 inches of fresh snow...up to my knees in some parts of the yard, and the snow-laden branches and the sun just would not cooperate with each other :)

4. LilBayDeNoc

LilBayDeNoc

May 31, 2013
    I'm glad you had your dream when you did, or that Nessy very well may have made it up here to the UP. Love that color!

5. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    This emerald burlap is a new favorite for me. Now I am wanting something else in it...maybe a Bushfinger, or Bushcrafter...or a Hiking Buddy...or lol...not sure yet :)

6. aZhu

aZhu

Jan 16, 2014
    Beautiful knife mist. I'm looking forward to getting my nessie tomorrow. Since you've had yours for a little while now, what would you say is the best way to get acquainted with it? Food prep? Bushcrafting? House-building? lol

7. xxwjtxx

xxwjtxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Happy hump day!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    Andy, mine has been great in the kitchen and for light slicing during camp food prep or in random camp tasks. It's a really versatile design!

9. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Gold Member

Aug 26, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. aZhu

aZhu

Jan 16, 2014
    Wow what material is that on the white Nessmuk? That's amazing!

11. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Gold Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Stabilized and dyed California Buckeye burl over black g10 with a lime green g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick Fiddltextured 01 toolsteel

12. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    I have mostly used it in the kitchen, and it works really well cutting fresh veggies and meat. I love it in a pinch grip splitting extra thick cut pork loin for stuffed pork chops. But I can definitely see where the knife would be excellent in a primitive living situation , which makes sense given the origin of the design. But in that instance I would likely prefer a 5/32 version. This one is tapered 1/8 and with the high grind, man is it a slice-y little jewel.

13. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    Just getting home from work, so this nighttime shot will have to do for this humpday. I'll get a better one next week.

[​IMG]

14. aZhu

aZhu

Jan 16, 2014
    Aww. Posting pics on this thread is only limited to hump day?

15. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Sweet! Is this one 5/32?

Gorgeous handles, and I love the high grind on the darker one!

NICE! And I bet that bad boy does excel at the cutting board!

Well...that was the intention...something to talk about in the middle of the week :) but we don't seem to always follow protocols around here, and don't always post in the "On Tap" thread on Saturday, and don't always post two-fers just on Tuesdays...so...I suppose that it could be argued that any day your working/playing with, or just fondling your nessie is hump day ;)

16. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    Good eye sir-- my normal Nessie is 5/32, my camp is 3/16. The 5/32 comes with a razor sharp fine edge from Andy so I use it gingerly outside of standard kitchen work, but the extra thickness is great for woodwork, etc.

17. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    Kinda funny when taken out of context. ;)

Sorry, been a long day.

18. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    I am sort of hung up on the 5/32 O-1 myself, but I do love the slicy-ness of the 1/8 with a high grind. I love the one I have in the kitchen, but I think I'd want a 5/32 model for the woods. If I run across another one that speaks to me I may end up gifting this one to my brother. He is an axe guy and has always complained that my knives are too thick when he has borrowed them, or the ones I have given him in the past. In the dream I had, he and I were at a hunting cabin processing a deer, I laid the nessie down, and he picked it up and said "now there is a good knife". The dream gave me a few ideas for projects, as well as the idea that if I still prefered the 5/32 that it would make a great birthday gift for him. Like me his favorite color is green, his birthstone is emerald, he likes traditional blade styles, and he likes thinner blades. It would finally be a bomb proof gift for him, and that would be awesome. BUT...only time will tell if I am willing to part with this one :) I do really love the the feel of this handle, and this blade shape in all of the holds and cuts I'd use a knife in processing game and fish, and I just LOVE the emerald burlap!

Yep, see...after Monday and Tuesday, I figure a little lightheartedness is due on Wednesday :)

19. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    My mistake!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  20. aZhu

aZhu

Jan 16, 2014
    Not sure if it's just me but I only see the first pic and not the other 2.