Hunger games axe?

I just got out of the film. The only time the oversized M48 is missing its spike is during the training sequences, obviously showing that the game makers don't want her killing someone with the spike (of course she could still use the normal axe head, but, you know, Hollywood logic). In the actual arena the axe has its spike, and when she pulls the smaller axe from her belt to throw it, it's pretty obviously a real M48 hawk.
If United Cutlery really does make the bigger version, I will be first in line to buy it. The M48 Walking Axe does absolutely nothing for me aesthetically and the placement of the cuts doesn't appear to be as structurally sound as on the hawks.

Hey all. I just saw the new catching fire movie today. Aside from the movie itself (which didn't disappoint) there was a scene stealing character by the name of Johanna Mason who ran around with a very intriguing battle axe with a modern design. If I had to place it, I would say it was a larger sized version of united cutlery's M48 tomahawk. Any of you guys know who makes something like this?
image.jpg

100%
c8492aeaf8e2561ca80c65e9244d0835.jpg
the m48 twice it's normal size

Just gotta add, most Hollywood props are artificial.

Firearms are really detailed plastic parts, and knives are all aluminum. It makes them lighter and easier to carry reducing fatigue, reduces liability, creates something that can be transported into knife/gun unfriendly areas (Hollywood anyone?), and makes the actors feel safe about not hurting themselves or each other.

Sure there are exceptions, but not many.
It's fictional to begin with.

Just gotta add, most Hollywood props are artificial.

Firearms are really detailed plastic parts, and knives are all aluminum. It makes them lighter and easier to carry reducing fatigue, reduces liability, creates something that can be transported into knife/gun unfriendly areas (Hollywood anyone?), and makes the actors feel safe about not hurting themselves or each other.

Sure there are exceptions, but not many.
It's fictional to begin with.

Yeah... IIRC, the new Hobbit movies used all polypropylene blades so they could actually whack each other if needed. Add in a little digital editing, and no one knows the difference.

Back