Hunting 2011/2012

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Hunting season is upon us. Post your hunting trips here. Pics a plus. All types of hunting welcome.
I plan on videos of my hunts this year.
Off topic, a situation I'm about to encounter is the possibility of needing a new set of wheels. I have to take my Isuzu Rodeo in next Mon. for a factory recall concerning the suspension/frame. If it's not repairable, Isuzu will be totaling the truck which means I have to get a new one. I do have a couple of Jeeps I'm looking into. I may not get out to bow hunt as soon as I hoped to.
Scott

Sounds Good, i will post here.
I hope to use up lots O space, LOL.

Future Home To Some Good Eatin with pics. ;)

Man Scott, good luck. No fun with vehicles. I have not heard good things about the Jeep Liberty. The Commander and Wrangler seem to be the best of the bunch so far.

I told Joe to post up some pics of him using that PSK. I will point this link out to him.

Be careful in this weather man.

Last edited:
Went squirrel hunting last weekend at our hunting cabin in Green Ridge. Way too hot to hunt. Brought a bushel of crabs, some soft crabs, and a couple pounds of shrimp. Only got one squirrel.

19 squirrels so far, just tryn to scratch the itch until deer season gets here, Its NOT Helping me too much, LOL....
Do you think i ever remembered a camera, NOPE!!!!!
Is everyone else squirrels as TOUGH as they are round here????????? I LOVE shootin'em, easy to clean but they are some tough chewin critters, lmao.....

Yep,
About to start spilling blood, archery is here.....I'm hunting 4 states this year :)

Got out a couple of days here in Ohio to bow hunt taking the week of of rut from work hope to have some success saving my money and box tops for one of your
hunting knives hope things are chilling out for you and your family.

Got out a couple of days here in Ohio to bow hunt taking the week of of rut from work hope to have some success saving my money and box tops for one of your
hunting knives hope things are chilling out for you and your family.
Thank you. Best of luck hunting during the rut.
I'll be heading out Thurs, Fri. and Sat for early muzzleloader this week. So far the Amish fellas that hunt the farm took a big 10 pointer over 200 lbs. and one of my buddies missed a 9 pointer this past Sat. bowhunting.
Scott

Bow hunted 4 times since season started, I am in Texas and we have a long season. Nothing good to report, lots of does and yearlings. Young bucks still in batchelor groups. Tons of hogs. Had 5 boars come in, stood up to shoot and my stabilizer bit the dust. Must have come loose during the walk in and literally dropped forward(it is the type that fold up or down). I ended up shooting over his back . He weighed at least 250lb + Let me know if you are ever near Austin. I have 1000 acres lease and plenty of hogs to get rid of....... Attached is a photo of one I shot this summer. Tried out my new Busse CABS on him. Can't wait to pick up a Gossman when funds allow and try it out on some pork.

Attachments

• boar 6-21-11 015.jpg
    boar 6-21-11 015.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 42
  • boar 6-21-11 012.jpg
    boar 6-21-11 012.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 38
RWT, awesome hog. Would love to take you up on that offer. Maybe one of these days. Thanks
Scott

Picking up a couple issues of Traditional Bowhunter and Primitive Archer after work today. Looking to get into bow hunting, don't know if I'll go traditional long bow or compound bow. Airguns and .22's are always fun, but I need to get some use out of my 870.

I shot a big doe last Monday night down state.25 yard shot double lung hit she went maybe 50 yards and fell over. My brother had to use his four wheeler to get her out seeing we are both disabled at this time. we had his friend process the deer and gave it all to our brother and his wife.Our brother has cerebral pulsie and SSI does not give them enough money to eat good quality meat.I was only able to hunt Monday so it was a blessing to get that doe for my brother.

I shot a big doe last Monday night down state.25 yard shot double lung hit she went maybe 50 yards and fell over. My brother had to use his four wheeler to get her out seeing we are both disabled at this time. we had his friend process the deer and gave it all to our brother and his wife.Our brother has cerebral pulsie and SSI does not give them enough money to eat good quality meat.I was only able to hunt Monday so it was a blessing to get that doe for my brother.

Mike,
Amen brother!!

That's awesome Mike.
Scott

Opening day of fall turkey season, yesterday. No turkeys but did manage to get a coyote in the edge of a cedar thicket about 10 am.

IMG_2330.jpg

Tagged out Mon. & Tue.

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

Last edited:
Bucks are on the move at the farm. A couple of the guys clued me in on some sightings and a kill. Nice 8 point and two 6 points after a doe yesterday. A 6 pointer killed yesterday evening. Can't wait to get over there for the rest of this week starting tomorrow.
Scott

I Phone 353 by cddogfan1, on FlickrShoot
I Phone 351 by cddogfan1, Son Flickr Shoot this 8 point opening weekend couple of weeks ago. Kind of a cull buck. Really dont care he will taste good. Also shot a doe the same weekend. Just need one more for my freezer then it is strickly horn hunting for the rest of the year not unless a freind needs some meat. Scott you still think you going to make it in the spring? Hope so looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Nice buck CD. Yes, we are still planning on coming down in March. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you that. So much been going on the last month.
Scott

Back