Hypocrisy and double standards at work

Four days ago or so I posted the thread Dante's Inferno Test at this forum. After I had made only a few posts I was promptly (without any previous warning) banned , because I supposedly "offended one of the members" (probably some important jewish member here) by my username ToTheDeathsHeadTrue which allegedly "not so vaguely" indicates neo-nazi convictions although I explained I was inspired by some swedish black metal band's song. The band is not a neo-nazi band (at least they're not recognised as such) as one moderator tried to imply. Afterward I was notified that I can't use that username and that it's better for the forum if I re-register under another username.

But, what I found out today when I checked in Custom knife forum? That there's a member of this forums who has posted quite a few posts under his nickname Totenkopf which in german means DeathsHead and which was the name of one SS division. Now, I think his nickname is certainly more clear indication of one's neo-nazi beliefs than what I used because historically the symbol of Death's Head was used by quite a few people's battle formations -however only the Germans have got this exact word Totenkopf.

I hope Totenkopf won't get banned because of this post,I would hate to see that. My intention is to expose the clear example of hypocrisy and double standards of the moderators at the Knife Community/Bladeforums.

ToTheDeathsHeadTrue

"(probably some important jewish member here)"

your anti-semitism bleeds through even a seemingly benign sentence.

Your new name is at least as offensive as the old one, only more blatant.

You're either trying too hard, or not trying hard enough.

RH (an offended, though neither important nor jewish, member)

RH said:
"(probably some important jewish member here)"

your anti-semitism bleeds through even a seemingly benign sentence.

Your new name is at least as offensive as the old one, only more blatant.

You're either trying too hard, or not trying hard enough.

RH (an offended, though neither important nor jewish, member)

If he had said "chinese" instead of "jewish" I suspect you wouldn't have been so quick to jump on him.

And isn't bladeforums against political correctness ?

Your whole post reeks of it.

We have a LARGE and VALUED Chinese and other Asian community here at Bladeforums, and you don't need to go implying Jews get special treatment. Political correctness? We have a forum policy against insulting any other members in general discussion. We let a lot slide to keep the flow of ideas going, but dedicated bigotry is out.

Vnuk, believe what you please. Spread your garbage around here if you like, but do it on your way out the door. You are rapidly running out of people who value your input.

What "garbage" have I "spread" that the others haven't?

So, that's the socalled New World Order. Follow the line dictated by the PC's or get banned (in the internet case, naturally in real life that would mean liquidation) ? Ah, the very same repressive-intimidating methods used by the bolshevisks/communists have become applied in the democratic world

Esav Benyamin said:
We have a LARGE and VALUED Chinese and other Asian community here at Bladeforums, and you don't need to go implying Jews get special treatment. Political correctness? We have a forum policy against insulting any other members in general discussion. We let a lot slide to keep the flow of ideas going, but dedicated bigotry is out.

Vnuk, believe what you please. Spread your garbage around here if you like, but do it on your way out the door. You are rapidly running out of people who value your input.

It would be special treatment if he had reacted differently to "jewish" as opposed to "chinese" or "anglo" or "black". Special treatment from him, not necessarily as site policy.

However that is hypothetical. I still suspect that RH is more partial to certain groups than others. Which is entirely his choice.

The last I read, RH is not Jewish. Anyone is entitled to speak up for his friends, though :D

Stalin's grandson said:
What "garbage" have I "spread" that the others haven't?

So, that's the socalled New World Order. Follow the line dictated by the PC's or get banned (in the internet case, naturally in real life that would mean liquidation) ? Ah, the very same repressive-intimidating methods used by the bolshevisks/communists have become applied in the democratic world
Because someone else did, doesn't mean you can or should.

This isn't a "New World Order". It is a private business. The owner makes the rules and breaks the rules as he pleases.

The "repressive-intimidating methods used by the bolshevisks/communists" were a matter of life and death. It is disingenuous in the extreme to suggest that telling you off is anything like that.

to my buddy stalin's grandson

3 things I suggest quitting:

1. crying about being banned
2. making up stupid pseudonyms, use your real name
3. making threads to express your feeling of being banned. your outnumbered, and no matter how big of following you can amass, everyone else will still be against you.. so just shut up and enjoy your privilages while you have them.

Get a brain you whining teenage punk..what you need is a firm slap upside the head. Grow up..act your age..and quit acting like this world owes you something..It doesnt owe you jack..and if you give yourself nasty nick names..your gonna get banned..and Stalins Grandson is also offensive..that guy is also responsible for the deaths of over a million people in his "wet work" but as a Phd in history you already know that!..and you were not banned for that pseudonym..so what is it with you??

let me guess..you have a huge problem with authority, and you are immature, so deal with it and quit whining. And you before you call other people Hypocrites..take a look in the mirror..Hypocrisy isnt an exclusive of others..you can take ownership of it too...

Hiding behind a Swedish metal band song title..BullShiiit...you knew what the title meant..you chose it .....If I used the Pseudonym "Cop Killer" and just say ..wow..its just a title to a rap song..Im sure the LEOs would think its ok too...so whos the hypocrite huh??

Dear whiney brat,

When I banned you the first time, I very politely told you why and invited you back. If you don't like it leave.

I don't care what band you are enamored with, fact is that user name had other strong connotations that are not something that is going to be tolerated in this community. If you can not understand that you do not belong here.

Fact is the user name you used was a foolish choice and remains so. The one you have chose this time is only a little less foolish. Deal with it or be banned for good. I am not in the mood for games.

Moving to service and support.

Gus Kalanzis

If you want to call my banning you hipocracy fine. I call it doing what needs to be done for a sound community.

I am about as politically correct as a goats butt so you need to understand the difference between right, wrong and political correctness before you keep going on this subject. Use your brain a little you can figure it out.

Esav Benyamin said:
The last I read, RH is not Jewish. Anyone is entitled to speak up for his friends, though :D

Yep, he certainly is.

I'm not particularly big on stereotyping races into friend or foe based on race alone.

Although im not jewish, a dear old family friend was. her family was killed in the haulocost. so please just shut-up, stalins grandson, before people start hating you even more

Here is my hypocritical emal to you verbatum. It more than illustrates the childishness of your complaint.

It had a subject line of "Hello from Blade forums."

Hi,

Unfortunately the user ID that you choose has other connotations that the one that I think you intended (an allegiance that has meanings beyond lyrics to a song.)

Please do not take this in the wrong way, we would enjoy having you as a member and hope that you will enjoy it also, but at this time it would be best for the forums if you would re-register under a different user name.

Best regards to you and yours,

Gus Kalanzis

----------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you have a problem with me take it to W&C, email or bring it in this forum. I have tried to treat you with respect. Obviously that is something you can not interpret.

Bastid said:
Here is my hypocritical emal to you verbatum. It more than illustrates the childishness of your complaint.

It had a subject line of "Hello from Blade forums."

Hi,

Unfortunately the user ID that you choose has other connotations that the one that I think you intended (an allegiance that has meanings beyond lyrics to a song.)

Please do not take this in the wrong way, we would enjoy having you as a member and hope that you will enjoy it also, but at this time it would be best for the forums if you would re-register under a different user name.

Best regards to you and yours,

Gus Kalanzis

----------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you have a problem with me take it to W&C, email or bring it in this forum. I have tried to treat you with respect. Obviously that is something you can not interpret.

I don't think you understand his point.

In plain english

He is questioning why another member, who has obviously been around for awhile judging by his post count, is allowed to have such a similar name, while he has to change his name.

LONE WOLF,

Do you have friends your age or are you the lone wolf? ;)

IMO, you should stick more to knife threads; there's a lot to learn.

In time; I might recomend you for JUNIOR Moderator. :)

Excuse me,

I more than understand his point. I understood when I read his post.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

What is your point other than that.:rolleyes:

Sorry dan. I happen to know the difference between right and wrong.
His choice of his first user name was wrong. If you don't agree fine, but this is not "your hunt".

IN PLAIN ENGLISH:(since it it obvious that you are not able to grasp this) THE FIRST NAME HE REGISTERED UNDER WAS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE NAME TO BE USED HERE.

Understand now. Or do I need to make myself more clear.

This is not rocket science Dan. He was banned because the ID he chose caused complaints. He was sent a respectful email explaining the situation and was welcomed to re-register. If we get complaints regarding another ID we will investgate, research and take appropriate action if needed.

skinny_dan said:
I don't think you understand his point.

In plain english

He is questioning why another member, who has obviously been around for awhile judging by his post count, is allowed to have such a similar name, while he has to change his name.
Well, well, well, let's look at this from a mods stand point, shall we? The member you refer to has posted in 2 forums, The Custon Knife Forum & The Bali Forum. All of his posts refer to knives and the content in them is not offensive to anyone. If anyone in those forums had a problem with his user name they would have said so and the mods would have handled it promptly and with tact. It is quite possible that his username was not a name that people associated with as being rasict or Nazi. I know I wouldn't have thought so. The user in question did not come into the Community Forum and post garbage and expect to be treated with any sort of respect. He does not flame, troll, accuse, or berate others. I have made it perfectly clear what I will and will not allow in the Community Forum. TTDHT broke those rules. His thread was moved to the appropriate forum. If he had a problem with that he should have taken it up with me. More than one member of this forum was offended by his username because it was blatantly obvious of its meaning. He was given fair warning and yet he has decided to choose yet another name that is offensive to some. We let that slide. Now he comes on and brings into the discussion a member whose only mistake was having a username that no one knew the meaning of. But then again that member is not a mean spirited person who thinks the world is out to get him. If that member had trolled and flamed his way across the boards he would have been noticed by the mods and dealt with. To date all of his posts are within the forums acceptable terms. Call it hypocrisy if you wish but look at the overall post content of the 2 individuals in question and you will see the differences between the two.

Back