I’d like very much a CPK...

This one in D3V would do it for me......

CdTKqE9.jpg
What is this?

What is this?

It's a Swamprat, a modified Rodent Trail to be exact. It's thinner stock and has a longer blade than their Rodent Solution. I love that thing. If I could have it exactly as-is in D3V I'd think I had died and gone to heaven and I bet it would rock pretty hard with some CPK D2 as well. It's one of the few that gets the honor of hanging out with Nate's field knives.

That rt and the recent edition of Rapper magazine in the same shot? :D

I tell my kids I'm the hippest guy they know ;) ........

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

I had a Rodent Solution and loved the handle, but the blade was waaaay too thick behind the edge and was very handle heavy. The Rodent Trail sounds like it would have fixed most or maybe all of the issues. The handle was so good.

Last edited:
I had a Rodent Solution and loved the handle, but the blade was waaaay to thick behind the edge and was very handle heavy. The Rodent Trail sounds like it would have fixed most or maybe all of the issues. The handle was so good.

That's exactly right regarding the RS. And of course the RT started off as a trailing point, but the blade was long enough to grind into a nice drop point that was longer, thinner, and full flat-ground, unlike the Solution. I bought one RT and ground it in myself and then liked it well enough that I got in touch with the custom shop and ordered two more like it. IMO this is the model that should have been produced, at least based on how it has performed for me.

I had a good comparison picture of an RT, a modded RT, and an RS together, but alas....photobucket....:mad:

ccpsn1F.jpg

Back