I already have a Buck 110 in the collection... What's wrong with me?!?!...

There it was in the store display case, one of Buck's latest Buck 110 knives. Basically the same ole 110... but darn it, it has that 2014 year only emblem to mark the 110's 50th year of it's production. Oh well, I'll pass... I mean, I already have a 110 in my collection.

Well, so why then did I buy it anyway?!?!... Well, most of you will be able to relate :)
It marks a huge milestone in this model's history, and that I found so cool... That commemorative emblem, the cool tang stamp... a fair price (and with the leather sheath, rather than nylon)... well, just had to do it!

Again, I believe you guys can relate with this latest purchase. They really are a bargain... so well made, so much history, so famous around the world, and representing the country I am proud to be from (the USA). I would have kicked myself more a few years from now if I did not get the 50th year marked 110!!! ;)

2nh1c0z.jpg

Btw, I guess another good reason for buying this knife... It helps in keeping a good firm and it's employees, thriving :)

2ztd5y8.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, I was wondering earlier today how I ended up with four of them.

Jim

I'm not much of a betting man, guys (except for a dollar and a dream lottery ticket here and there)... Anyhow, I would almost be willing to bet that Buck may have a great sales year with this Buck 110 anniversary model. They may just sell more 110's than any other year since it was first introduced... just a guess :)

Beautiful looking knife but I can't justify buying it for every day carry and I don't hunt. Still a great looking knife that I'm tempted to buy but will have to go with the 112.

I just got done doing my wiping down of a new knife ritual on her... she is a prime specimen... a smile from ear to ear while I was handling her :)

She is very purty! :)

dmpumc.jpg

Mine is a late '70s model with the square edged bolsters and I'm wanting one with round bolsters. I've often thought about a second. I think you did well. Needed it? Nope. But I don't think that's the point here. Good job. And you helped the US economy!

Zieg

If you take a look at that initial picture I put up of this knife, you will see that the tang stamp shown on the packaging is different from the knife I got. I wonder how many variations were tried or atleast discussed before they chose this one. In any case, I prefer the tang stamp on my knife over the one on the packaging because it includes the Buck name :)

I received my first ever 110 yesterday. And it rules. At first I was worried the 50 years badge would turn me off, but Buck did a good job of keeping it subtle and smooth.

I don't think I would consider this a pocket knife, but it feels great on my belt. Plus that leather sheath is higher quality than expected. This post is just stating the obvious, but I'm glad I picked it up as the price vs quality is unbeatable. A piece of knife history, like the 1911 of knives 👍

I too agree about the shield being well chosen/well done. Instead of being some gaudy thing, it actually adds a little nolstalgic touch to it all :)

Congrats on that Buck! It should outlast your Great Grandkids. (And, have you handled a 112 yet?) :D

This is slated for my knife collection... So, when I die, someone is gonna be happy finding a BUNCH of brand new knives! ;)
As for the Buck 112... she too is in my collection :)

There's my Buck 112 on the top left :)

16hncdz.jpg

Last edited:
there are several variations of the 50th anniversary 110. Different tang stamps etc. As always the Buck 110 is a terrific value if you're looking for a big folder.I'm on board with csisland I prefer the 112.

It seems that Buck decided to develope what turned out to be the 110 we all know, in 1963. That may have been when they decided to go ahead with the project, but 1964 was supposedly the year they introduced it to the market.
Well, you will see the year on the 110 shield, like on my knife, as 1964 (for it's year of introduction).
But, they also have offered this model, with date as 1963, and I imagine it would be based on the year that the 110 idea was born... Or so I think ;)

ndmyr7.jpg

I also bought the 50th anniversary 110. To answer your question why did I buy it? the easy answer is its cooler than heck. and its made just as good as the one I have from a million years ago. also go buy the 112 as well. my 50th came in a box rather than a blister pack. no matter though.

Last edited:
Back