I am not unhappy... (Impinda content)

I just received my Impinda, and in spite of what some early reviews might have you believe, it's impeccably finished, replete with the almost impossible tolerances that we've come to expect from CRK, and what's more, it works exactly as advertised. I can't wait to get it dirty!

With family:

And with a couple of slippy "cousins":

Again, let me reiterate that the Impinda is very much a CRK with respect to the build quality that we've come to expect from the brand. Whether or not one can accept a CRK slipjoint is another matter altogether – needless to say, I can – but AFAIC, I got my money's worth here.

Regards,
Adam

Beautiful knife and intriguing design. I recently picked up the Hinderer Slipjoint and really like it, so I know I can appreciate slip joints if this level (or near) of build quality. Unfortunately for the Hinderer, the thing I like most about it also kind of negatively affects its performance- the thumb disk. One handed open and very very solid two hand open, but then gets in the way when doing things like breaking down boxes or even pulling out of my pocket. Pros and cons. Think I need to pick up the Impinda to compare. Again, great looking knife.

After watching the one youtube review on the Impinda I was expecting gritty action and poorly fit back spring but was very much blown away at how well executed this knife is. The action is perfect even without the tradition half-stop, with practice it's easy to safely close one-handed.

Another nice surprise is the early models released at Blade had a slightly different pocket clip. The latest production models have something similar to a Shirogorov 95/Neon clip with a thinner point of contact instead of the wider clip the Blade models came with.

Warning: My opinion only!
I think it is a very nice and classy looking knife. And even I dont really need a slipjoint, if I am going to buy one, this will be on my list for sure.
But, here comes the negative part. As you might know, prices of knives in Europe are higher as in USA (taxes and all that crap). Here are prices of some CRK knives in one online shop:
small plain sebenza 21..........381 Eurodollars
small plain inkosi..................430
big plain sebenza 21.............450
small inlay sebenza 21..........480
big plain inkosi.....................500
inkosi..................................500

I just dont think that this price is competive. If it will be around 380, as for small plain sebenza, yeah, that is kinda fair, but for 500....no. For 500 I can get bigger (Inkosi) or more fancy (small sebenza with inlay) knife.
It is nice, but the price is too high.

Back