I bought an AFCK

I bit the bullet, made a decision, and went with the AFCK instead of the Axis. It was $20 cheaper, and it seems to be better for defense purposes. I ordered it from ABC-Direct tonight, so I'll get it sometime next week I'm guessing. Just thought I would tell everyone what my final choice was.

Later,
roadkill2

M2 or ATS-34? Plain, partial, or fully serrated? If stainless, did you go for the BT coating? Left or right handed model? You got the full sized and not the baby, right?

Inquiring minds want to know
wink.gif

------------------
James

Woa, lots of questions there.
ATS-34, I couldn't find anyone selling M2s on the net besides the knife center, and they only sold 'em with a coating. And I believe the M2 is out of my price range. Plus I am to lazy to go hunt for one here in my town.
I ordered the plain edged, full size version with no coating. And I went for the right handed model even though I can open quickly with either hand.

Later,
roadkill2

Thanks, RK2, I am detail oriented. I did pick up the full size, right handed AFCK with M2 steel and the protective coating. I removed the clip, mailed it to someone, and got a really nice sheath for it, horizontal right side carry for right handed draw.

I believe that BM only offers the M2 knives with the coating, the blade not being stainless. I gave my old AFCK to my younger brother, and like the M2 quite a bit. I will run it through its paces, and we can compare notes later.

Hope you like the knife. Take it easy.

AFCK.html

Thanks to G2 for the great sheath. Just showing off this time.
------------------
James

[This message has been edited by stjames (edited 05 June 1999).]

Good choice. You've selected one of the best deals going in tactical folders today. I know you're going to be very happy.

Oh, and James, that's a very nice sheath. Is that horizontal carry? Sorry, but I'm detail oriented.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Gollnick (edited 04 June 1999).]

I'm embarassed to admit it, but I bought a large Sebenza and still can't bear to quit carrying my AFCK. It kind of grows on you. Oh well, maybe I have an obsession with the Butterfly. I just can't control it. I just don't know what to say. I just .....

Damn Butterfly!
smile.gif

------------------
"Walk softly and carry a big stick"...TR

Gollnick, got me
wink.gif

Greenie, I picked up this AFCK because I missed my old one. One of the things I like about my Sebenza is that I now feel free to use and abuse my $100.00 knives in a way I was hesitant to before. La Mariposa Bonita is one tough bug, thats for sure
smile.gif

------------------
James

I have an AFCK in M2 with a plain edge and it's by far the folder I carry and use the most. Excellent design in all respects. Beautifully made and worth every penny of the price. The M2 steel cuts and cuts and cuts and cuts...

------------------
www.wilkins-knives.com

I made the sheath for St James, but the first one I had a little trouble, the photo below shows that sheath and right around the corner of the tip the needle of my sew-n-awl came through just to the outside and couldn't send it to him that way, so I'll have to get one for myself now, but it does hold the knife fairly well.

afck.jpg

When the needle came through, I almost cried! cause that's about the last step in making the sheath, stitch across the top, then fold over the back side and glue it into place and finish stitching around the end, aw nuts I thought!
G2

------------------
When a fellow says, "it ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
it's the money.
F. McKinney Hubbard

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

Back