I called Ontario Knife Company.

That’s definitely not safe. I have not had much luck emailing any knife company. Have you had a chance to call them?

If it goes to voicemail I’d probably be done with it too.

The menu tree goes in a loop with no option to leave a message.

At this point, I guess, I'm not even interested in resolving it. Just gonna toss it and walk away.

The menu tree goes in a loop with no option to leave a message.

At this point, I guess, I'm not even interested in resolving it. Just gonna toss it and walk away.

I just tried calling too. Only option is to type in an extension if you know a party. No option to leave message or talk with a CS rep. The website says closed due to COVID-19.

Definitely not good. I hope they snap out of this and are able to get back on track.

didn't the governor shut down all nonessential business in ny state? not being political, but i thought they were shut down completely from covid back in the early days and through june and july. I know other businesses up in ny state were shut down by the state.

where I am we had more than grocery and pharmacies open for essential, but some states locked down much harder. not arguing who was right or wrong, don't care to argue........just pointing out they were probably shut down by the state for awhile.

hope they get a mod here again.....good brand and I like some of their american made fixed blades. good hard use lower cost blades. just need better sheaths.

I hope so too. Our NY Gov is a "Rules for thee but not for me" type of guy. He is destroying our state's businesses, many will not be able to come back from this.

I absolutely love my OKC Spec + blades. I have quite a few & love them all. Especially the 5160. I sharpened them up once & have not had to sharpen them again, even after long heavy use. It would truly be a shame if they are done for good.

Thought id pop in here to see if its still alive.

Wish ontario would get it together. They make really good products and this is a solid age in the knife industry. At least ontario hasnt requsted closure of the subforum like kershaw did.

Well, that explains why I got no response to an email inquiring about which of their current sheaths would be compatible with one of their older knives.

I thought I’d get a response on their Instagram since they post almost daily. I wanted to double check something with them and they ignored me twice.

I had the same experience. I was considering (I later bought it) the 6.5 RD Tanto. It's a real whomper stomper with 1/4 inch 5160 steel for my splitting fire kindling quickly. I asked for info in the forum and to the company through email. There was slow to no response. And I found the forum itself to be semi dead compared to others. I hope that it wakes up as Ontario has some nice products.

Back