I did a little advising with Hollywood in the past - on survival tecniques...

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
I didn't know if anyone knew - but after mastering the hand drill fire - I did a little advising with Hollywood on a Star Trek Episode.

I remembered this when I was watching the Episode that I worked on on Youtube today.

Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5pkZCWsLJg&feature=related

Fastforward to thirty seconds on this episode and watch Picard use the hand drill. This is the technique I taught him. I normally get a result much better than his - but - for t.v. - he did okay.

TF :D

Wow. That technique is good. I never saw a flame leap out of drill board like that. Good to see you back.

I think Picard and Ryker have some man-love between them.......I'm just saying....So that whole 'keep your hands hydrated with saliva thing', well it had duel purposes.............

Impressive to be a consultant, especially at that age :thumbup:

From what I saw there was a spark of flame after some smoke - maybe a little Hollywood magic for the scene? Not meant to be critical of you because as you indicated, you were teaching technique. Doing the scene (or "Making it so" to use Picard's favorite line :D) is a different thing.

EDIT TO ADD: if the technique works that way, please ignore my last paragraph. I have no experience in primitive fire making techniques (tried a bamboo saw once as a kid and got nowhere).

I think Picard and Ryker have some man-love between them.......I'm just saying....So that whole 'keep your hands hydrated with saliva thing', well it had duel purposes.............

Actually, in one of the lost episodes it was revealed Spock and Kirk had a little trist

spockgay.jpg

:eek:

Also, that's pretty sweet. I just watched that episode the other day.

His eyes wide open! Darmok, and Gilard, at Tanagra.

i was expecting you were going to say that you taught Bear Grills everything he knows! :D

Take it easy guys...Talfucher is yanking the chain as they say. Pulling your leg..having a piss.
I thought the video was pretty funny! I want to learn how to make the fire shoot up like that...very nice.:thumbup:

Actually, in one of the lost episodes it was revealed Spock and Kirk had a little trist

spockgay.jpg

:eek:

Also, that's pretty sweet. I just watched that episode the other day.

His eyes wide open! Darmok, and Gilard, at Tanagra.

This post made me throw up..(almost). Now I cant watch any price..whatever commercials ..not cool man.:D

I think TF is being modest. He was actually a cast member on Star Trek.

Make up can't hide that big ole forehead of his!

Take it easy guys...Talfucher is yanking the chain as they say. Pulling your leg..having a piss.
I thought the video was pretty funny! I want to learn how to make the fire shoot up like that...very nice.:thumbup:

Yeah - I watched that episode last night - and saw that tiny drill and the flame just shoot up and thought you guys would enjoy a laugh too.

TF

good one.....lol.....

you yank our leg too about being 17?

(i seriously thought you were much older) :D

[Captian Obvious] Bushie, the idea was that TF was 17 back when the episode was shot. [/Captian Obvious] :D

[Captian Obvious] Bushie, the idea was that TF was 17 back when the episode was shot. [/Captian Obvious] :D

Bushy has been inhaling too much fatwood smoke...

Poor guy, someone get him some birchbark!

Back