I found my new EDC

Well I asked in a previous thread for recommendations for the best utility EKI. There were many responses and this week I purchased 4 of them. A CQC 8, 14,13 and just for fun a Horseman, well the horseman has found its way to my EDC spot. The shape combined with the pocket friendly size really makes a great EDC it has awesome handle ratio and enough blade to get anything done. I am really liking it, buy one if you haven't yet.

jlfletcher83,

Glad to read that you've found something to make you happy, at least for now. You seem to have a slightly greater difficulty than others on these forums in finding an EDC that you can really get fond of.

I would've suggested the 14, which I love.

TheWayOfTheGun1

Gold Member
I agree that the horseman grows on you. I picked one up (#90) and it is sweet. Nice size for an EDC.

Kaizen you are right I do have hell finding my ideal EDC folder. My flashlight and fixed blade rarely rotate. I think this has been a constant search for like five years. If this works awesome, but I sort of enjoy the search. The 14 will get some pocket time while I am up at the college, but the Horseman has it for now. If this actually works for a couple of months as my EDC it would save me a ton of money as the search is kind of expensive.

Buffalohump

Gold Member
Out of all the knives I have bought over the years, the CQC8 is damn near perfect.

So I reckon the Horseman must be too.

The only thing I would change is to have a different finish on it. One day I will get someone with the right tools to give it a nice finish for me.

BH---I hear good things about paint strippers. I did my Emerson with green scrubbies and WD-40. I want to see Raw Steel.

I find that my Mini Commander is great for an EDC but right now I'm carrying my CQC 8 which is nice and I too love the blade shape.

I was set on a Mini Commander until I read this thread. You guys ruined a perfect plan. I was going to check out a Horseman in person at the gun show last week, but no one had any. Not going to pull the trigger until I compare them in my hands.

Even though I'm dying for my first Emerson.

I was set on a Mini Commander until I read this thread. You guys ruined a perfect plan. I was going to check out a Horseman in person at the gun show last week, but no one had any. Not going to pull the trigger until I compare them in my hands.

Even though I'm dying for my first Emerson.

I'm in the exact same boat!

The Mini Commander if taking a break right now and the 8 is filling it's spot right now. I love the 8 because it's a sexy sleek 4in folder and it's not wide or thick and it carry's nicely too.