I got my Madd Maxx by Darrel Ralph

I got my Madd Maxx on Monday. First I want to thank Darrel Ralph and Phil at 2TheHilt for allowing me to purchase this beast. The blade measures 5 1/2" long and the knife overall open measures almost 11 3/4". This thing is awesome! I have carried it since the day I got it and it carries very well for its size. It flicks open very smoothly (smoother than my Carson w/flipper) and gives an awesome "CRAAAAACK" when open. The blade is super sharp and looks cool with the two tone finish (part brushed/part glassbeaded). The knife costs $595 and it is well worth it. If the knife seems too big for you, Darrel is coming out with a 4" model. I will probably get one of those also. You better put your orders in quick on this one because they are going to go like hotcakes. Thanks again Darrel!
michael
biggrin.gif

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Heb. 4:12

"Lets meet at my house before the game on Sunday" God

Sounds great! Ordered mine back at the first of January and am looking forward to getting it. I got the ceramic peen finish, think I said that right, and the clip blade. How does it ride as far as carry is concerned? Does it carry deep in the pocket? When I first emailed Darrel about this he said it was built strong. Agree? Thanks for the comments.

Art

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"

This baby carries deep in the pocket (I wear mostly cargos or carpenter jeans with deep pockets) and you hardly even notice you are carrying it. It is a very tough made knife. Do not hesitate on this one. I showed it to a few people and their eyes get big as saucers. One cop friend of mine said that it was illegal. I said,"So!, it is COOOOL!"
michael

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."

"Lets meet at my house before the game on Sunday" God

I also have a MM. The clip is the waterfall style like the old EDIs or Crawford custom Carnies. It is situated very high on the pivot end. If you have a deep pocket, like in cargo pants, it carries very well.The handle is fairly narrow. It actually carries as well or better than some ~4" knives.The main thing is the combination of a smooth-as-glass pivot and substantial blade mass makes for an extremely pleasurable experience to open
smile.gif
This is one big bandwagon that any large knife lover should jump on!
David (a large,large knife lover
wink.gif
)

------------------
AKTI# A000150
NC Custom Knifemakers Guild member
NC Knife Knuts member

I'm jealous, ya buncha rich bastids! Off to peruse my $20 200 piece HSN knife collection...

Chris

just emailed Darrel to check on when mine will be ready. I had sorta put it on the back burner and not worried about it. In fact I had even thought about canceling the order but not now! No way, no how!
Looks and sounds like it is going to be a KNIFE. I've had some large folders, had Pat C. make a couple a few years back on the Leopard frame with 5.5 to 6.0 inch blades, so I am looking forward to the MM.
Looks like N.C. is going to have itsshare of Mad Maxx's running around on the loose!

------------------
Art Sigmon

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"

You are one lucky knifeknut, Michael, that is an incredible knife, IMO. Wish my budget would allow one for me, but not right now.
frown.gif

Hopefully he'll still be making this model when I save up the scratch.

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member # 572
Dedicated ELU
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)

I'm a little bummed. I had one on order and would have had it to, but I had a surprise. the Emerson I ordered 5 yrs ago was ready at the same time. Since it's a little easier to get on of Darrel's knives I paid for my Emerson.

I still want a Madd Maxx

------------------
If ignorance is bliss,
why aren't more people happy?

Well, I've had all I can take! I broke down and placed an order for the 4" version of the Madd Maxx to be ready for the Blade Show. I'm a little bummed because now I have to sell my 200 pc. HSN knife collection!

Chris

Well I just got an email from Darrel saying my MM should be ready by the end of the month. Heres hoping that its earlier than that!

------------------
Art Sigmon

Ok All of the Daggers are spoken for!!!!!

I may make some more later !

ALSO the smaller version is coming around the blade show. 3.9999999999999999999 INCH blades!

Thanks David!

------------------
Web Site At www.darrelralph.com
MADD MAXX !

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 02-06-2001).]

Wow! The dagger is definitely the cat's a** Darrel!

------------------
Peter Atwood

email:fountainman@hotmail.com

Thanks for the kind words Peter.
I like all three styles! :]
Glad the dagger floats your boat.
I will make more down the road.

I am making the dagger in the 4 in version also

------------------
MADD MAXX !

Ok...I,m a little late here on this post..just catching up you know..I got my Mad Max on the 24th..picked mine up from Arizona Custom Knives....Couldnt wait for Darell
smile.gif
..anyway it is one HUGE knife, It does ride quite nice in my front pocket..not bad at all for as big as it is and that includes sitting down..regular jeans....this knife is solid..I do want to ask Darell about how to adjust.the pivot screw, as one of the fittings is unusual to me..its not loose now ...i just think one of these days it will need to be adjusted..in the mean time what an incredible blade!!Nice work Darell (as all of his stuff appears to be)Integral lock is very strong..in closed position it also is a weapon with the flipper guards sticking out like a small hammer head....I think it wil open botles too
biggrin.gif
....hmmm what else will it do???......oh yeah I have the bowie blade with color anodizd handles and it is ceramic peened around the edges..Super Knife..that dagger blade looks real nice too......

------------------
as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another....Pr.27:17

So, Darrel, any collaboration in the future of the Mad Maxx? I got one on my list of knives to buy, but it would be pretty cool to have a lower-cost one that I wouldn't be afraid to beat on (or to give as gifts). Given the number of people willing to shell out six bills for one, I bet they'd go like hotcakes at $100-150.

--JB

P.S., hmm... Benchmade already does a framelock, and they like collaborating with custom makers
smile.gif
. Just having happy thoughts at 3:00 in the AM
smile.gif

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

Just got an email reply from Darrel. Looks like my MADD MAXX will be ready late next week!
Just in time for the Charlotte show and Bubba's BBQ. Now what do I do in the meantime?

------------------
Art Sigmon

As for a collboration I aint talking
wink.gif

I working on them !

------------------
MADD MAXX !

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 03-02-2001).]

Back